March 28, 2024, 01:10:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mapping for Ableton Live  (Read 34504 times)

supergirl36

Re: Mapping for Ableton Live
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 12:37:51 pm »

When the purple hand is on the device, the knobs alter the sound, but on my screen nothing moves.
Screen update is not active while MIDI map mode is on (where control is purple), this is a Live peculiarity.

Hello Robert,

Thanks for answering.
In the Arturia video that i quoted above, we can see that Live devices and third party plugins can be either mapped or "configured". And we see the knobs turn on the screen as the person turns the knobs on the MiniLab. I think i've seen this in more than one MiniLab video.
I think you misunderstood or maybe i didn't explain myself properly. First i use the Configure button (as shown in the MiniLab Ableton tutorial video) to add parameters to the device, then i turn it off. Not Midi map. And i cannot see the knobs turn as i turn them on the MIniLab, except on channel 1 where it works fine. I do not use the Midi map mode. Even if i would, i would turn it off before trying.
Help !

supergirl36

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 12:54:55 pm »

When the purple hand is on the device, the knobs alter the sound, but on my screen nothing moves.
Screen update is not active while MIDI map mode is on (where control is purple), this is a Live peculiarity.

Please see this video at 3:06 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgRleI80lME

Glenn Darcy explains that the purple hand (not Midi map mode) means the MiniLab is controlling the device. This works for me only on channel 1.
I've sent emails to tech support without answer.
Thanks.

supergirl36

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 12:56:42 pm »

Please see this video at 3:06 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgRleI80lME

Glenn Darcy explains that the purple hand (not Midi map mode) means the MiniLab is controlling the device. This works for me only on channel 1. As shown i use the Configure button, not Midi map mode.
I've sent emails to tech support without answer.
Thanks.

rbocquier

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 06:45:40 pm »
I see what you mean now.

I've checked with the CS-80, it's working ok: knob actions can be heard and seen.
What plugin are you using?
Robert
Arturia team

supergirl36

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 08:20:48 pm »
Only V-Collection plugins. But i don't think it's a matter of which plugin. It's awkward that's it's working only in the first channel... Thanks, Robert.

rbocquier

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 06:37:06 pm »
The script is by design made for channel #1 only, I don't think it's possible to make it otherwise.
I know there is another video from us that relies on MIDI channel but actually with Live you don't need to change the transmitted MIDI channel.
Robert
Arturia team

supergirl36

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 06:47:23 pm »
The script is by design made for channel #1 only, I don't think it's possible to make it otherwise.
I know there is another video from us that relies on MIDI channel but actually with Live you don't need to change the transmitted MIDI channel.

Thanks for your answer, Robert. But what if i have multiple tracks, if i'm playing one of them then another, and i want to tweak the sound ? If i want to play different plugins one after another, i have to put them on different channels, no ? Thanks.

supergirl36

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 09:37:55 pm »
No answer for third day. Will someone from Arturia please answer ? I wrote a few emails to tech support, and the just close the claims without answering.

Rob Roff

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 01:27:05 am »

Thanks for your answer, Robert. But what if i have multiple tracks, if i'm playing one of them then another, and i want to tweak the sound ? If i want to play different plugins one after another, i have to put them on different channels, no ? Thanks.

When you are using a remote control script, such as the one Arturia provides for Ableton, you do not need to use different midi channels, no. The whole point of it is that it is dynamic. You are controlling the selected device with your hardware, using the same knobs. There is no reason to use a different midi channel unless you have a massive manual mapping template and need more than the 128 offered for a single channel. But when using a remote controller script like this one, it's only going to use one channel because those few knobs control any selected device, no matter what track it's on. Just keep everything on channel 1.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:31:03 am by Rob Roff »

supergirl36

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 02:34:18 am »
Thanks, Rob. Cheers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines