March 28, 2024, 11:04:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Broken middle C key, again  (Read 1757 times)

ArsonSt

Broken middle C key, again
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:21:30 am »
I ordered a MiniBrute from an Amazon seller, it sounded amazing but the middle C wouldn't depress, so I exchanged it for another.  It arrived in the mail last Thursday with the same C key standing about half a centimeter above the other keys, but it worked fine, even the aftertouch.
Yesterday, the key completely locked up, now it won't depress or sound and occasionally the adjacent B will do the same.  There must be a loose part in there.  Any advice?  Is this something I can patch on my own without killing the after-market warranty?

Maybe its a fluke that I ordered two synths with the same problem, or maybe the seller tried to patch it themselves and then ship it back to me, but I'm a bit devastated right now.  I expected better.  I loved everything I read about this beast, and I loved all the sounds I've coaxed out of it.  But I don't want this to be a recurring thing and I need to know if the Brute is road-ready.  Maybe I should wait for a MiniBrute-Rack?

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: Broken middle C key, again
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 10:38:34 am »
it's the key bumper (or lack thereof)...same thing happened to mine and arturia sent me the part and i fixed it. maybe now something else has broken but the original problem you described is that. http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=10274.msg27977#msg27977

look like this?

ArsonSt

Re: Broken middle C key, again
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:44:03 pm »
Yes, it looked like that!  That's one out of two problems addressed.  Think the other is just a loose or broken part under the keys?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines