March 28, 2024, 08:30:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute key problem‏ - Case 134812  (Read 14119 times)

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute key problem‏ - Case 134812
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:36:04 pm »
Hi  !

I have a problem with one of the keys of my new MiniBrute. I acquired my MiniBrute less than a month ago, in this time I treated the synth with great care (the only time I transported it was well packed in its box) and at home I always have it in a stable place and well-protected.

During the first days of use, I saw that a key was very slightly elevated compared to the rest, as if it had lost some of its grip. First, I did not give much importance because it was very slight elevation, but in recent days the key has raised more and also has begun to vibrate a lot after pressing it, which made me realize that this is a problem that must be solved.

Though, the key works properly, also in its aftertouch functions.

I attach a photo and a video of 10 seconds that surely will help you determine the importance of the problem.

I believe the problem could be the same that is explained in this post in this forum: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=10274.0 . The key is noisy when you hit it, though, I don't feel it's "hard when hitting" as you explain in the post.

Well, I hope your soon answer, I obviously understand that the warranty must cover the solution of the problem in case you believe that the problem should be fixed by Arturia.

I hope you can guide me to fix this problem as soon as possible. I usually make acoustic music (my intention is to use this great synth as a complement to the music I make with 'standard' instruments) so I'm not very used to the synth related technical language... ;)

Waiting for your soon response, thank you so much,

Jon

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute key problem‏ - Case 134812
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:46:59 pm »
Arturia staff (or users!). Could someone please help me ???

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 04:52:26 pm »
HELP PLEASE!!

emdezet

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 12:57:10 am »
Yeah, I have the exact same problem with the exact same middle C key. Bought my Minibrute new in Feb 2013.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 01:16:40 am »
it's a missing key bumper. you can't fix it on your own they need to send you the part.

however considering that yours was ok at first then got progressively worse and worse, it may either a) be around your studio or b) be inside the synth, loose

pick up and shake your minibrute a little bit, see if you can hear anything rattling inside.

EDIT: oh haha didn't realize you linked to my thread...yeah that thread is all i know about the matter so goodluck

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »
Hi Jon,
Sorry for the late reply. I just checked you case at the technical support, it's actually stuck in an unknown state and I can not access it( I never saw that... sound like a bug??) I have to check with our support export, but he won't be at the office before next week.
Anyway, you problem looks like a missing bumper. Please find enclose the technotes explaining how disassemble the machine and replace the bumper. If the key was in position when you got it, the bumper probably felt into the machine. Please take a look inside. If you can find it, please PM me with you mail address, I will one sent to you.

Let me know.
Bruno
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:54 am »
for bumper replacement
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 07:00:43 pm »
Hi there Bruno!

Sorry, this time it was me in vacations, and I came back few days ago. Ok, I'm gonna follow the instructions to disassemble the machine and I let you know (though, I did not hear much noise inside the machine when slowly shakeing it...hope the bumper is inside, will see!!).

So I let you know, thank you guys!

Jon

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 08:17:13 pm »
Hi again,

Well, the problem is worst than we thought. As you can see in the attached pics, the bumper is in the right place, but the plastic piece that supports the bumper is broken (by the two sides) and thats why the whole piece dropped away  :'(

Bruno, as I told you in the first post,  I treated the synth with great care since i got it, so I think the problem is the fragility of the piece itself. 

I'm wondering if the problem could be related with this middle C key (the user emdezet seems to have the same problem with the same key, as you can read in his post above). As you can see in the third pic, this specify key has a screw that reaches the plastic piece from the bottom, and it may produce a bigger pressure in this plastic peace comparing to the other keys...

Leaving this theories apart, what should I do? I see only two solutions: I can try pasting the piece with powerful glue (but it's a quite risky solution and I'm afraid it could affect to my warranty, and moreover, the piece could break up again in the future), or Arturias technical support could do the job.

Waiting for your soon response...

Jon

T3k

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 12:06:35 pm »
Hi again!

Thanks T3k, your post is of great help and it brings some hope. But maybe I'm not as handyman as you are! Though my poor english I think I understood the glue and the tape thing. I think like you that maybe the plastic on this key is too overtightened due to the pressure of the screw in the bottom.

I think that first I'll wait for Bruno's or tech support's response, and then I'll decide. I'm now working in some projects with the synth and I wouldn't want it to dissapear for one or two months. What do you think I should do?

T3k

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 04:24:25 pm »
Jon,

If your Minibrute is still under warranty you can open another support ticket. That's probably the smart action. (Opening the synth and checking for the bumper does not void your warranty, but I don't know if attempting to glue it would void the warranty.)

Let support know it's not the missing bumper issue, it's the entire black plastic assembly that cracked by itself. Your photos are good. You can also reference my thread if you want to.

However, repairing the black plastic was pretty easy. You don't need high skills.

1) I opened the Minibrute, pried the spring out, and removed the key per the tech note.
2) I used a small amount of common Superglue on both halves of the broken plastic, and a little on the back of the broken piece.
3) I pressed it back into place and waited for several hours for the glue to set.
4) After I tested it with a little tapping pressure, I put the key back on.

My key ended up a little high, due to the difference in the repair versus the original. So I put a few layers (around 3) of some thin tape on the inside bottom of the U-shaped bumper hole. That's the white plastic area where the bumper strikes on key-up.

It now looks and plays like normal. I've played it every day, without issue.

It's up to you. To be totally safe, you should treat it like an issue under warranty and go to support.

tertior

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 09:40:15 am »
Or if you have patience, Arturia will send you a new piece Free

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 10:58:13 am »
Hi there again!

T3k, your support is being so important...! I received yesterday a e-mail of tech support (they didn't seem to have red carefully the explanation of my problem) that basically said: If the keyboard still is under warranty, I suggest you to claim for a warranty exchange towards your reseller.

I paste here my answer to them:

-------
Hi,

The only problem of my minibrute is the one I explain in the post you red: plastic piece that supports bumper is broken (middle C key).

- Yes, my minibrute is under warranty, though, I'm working in some projects and I'm afraid that if send the machine to tech support the repair could last like 1 or 2 months until I have it at home again. I live in Barcelona (Spain), but I bought the minibrute in Iurreta (Txirula store), that is far away from here (6 hours).

So I would appreciate your opinion and some info about my case: 

- If i try to fix it (a user gave me some good tips, here: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=13952.0), you could guarantee my warranty will be still working after that?

- If I claim for a warranty exchange, could you tell me (aproximately, at least) how much days will pass until I get the machine back?

- In the case I decide to claim for warranty exchange, could you give me the contact of a distributor in Barcelona where I could bring the machine for them to deal with it (I don't know if they would fix it directly or they would send to you the machine)?

Waiting for your response,

Jon

------------------

T3k, as you see my worry is that the process could last for sooooooo long. And if I'm sincere to you, I would want to try fixing it by my own, right now...(though I'm afraid the repair could not be permanent...). Am I making the good steps?

Thanks again (and sorry for my english).

Jon

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 11:05:55 am »
Hey Bruno! I'll appreciate your opinion :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines