March 19, 2024, 08:23:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Control Center/Keylab 61 Mem Preset Location  (Read 10528 times)

jmcecil

MIDI Control Center/Keylab 61 Mem Preset Location
« on: July 28, 2013, 04:14:22 pm »
How do we tell the MIDI Control Center which preset to write to?  The manual shows a "to Mem" drop down in the MCC.  The MCC doesn't have it that I can see.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

morfic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MIDI Control Center/Keylab 61 Mem Preset Location
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »
How do we tell the MIDI Control Center which preset to write to?  The manual shows a "to Mem" drop down in the MCC.  The MCC doesn't have it that I can see.

I was wondering about that too, sending to keyboard and then storing works, but bringing our midi control center up to the same level of other products quickly/easily would be expected.

jmcecil

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 05:23:41 pm »

I was wondering about that too, sending to keyboard and then storing works, but bringing our midi control center up to the same level of other products quickly/easily would be expected.
What do you mean by sending/storing?  I can only get it to work for the default 00 preset.  Have you been able to send to other presets?
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

morfic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 05:35:49 pm »

What do you mean by sending/storing?  I can only get it to work for the default 00 preset.  Have you been able to send to other presets?

No, it's active and I save it to a memory location on the keyboard.

jmcecil

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 05:39:31 pm »
No, it's active and I save it to a memory location on the keyboard.
Hmm sorry to be dense... what is "it's active"  what does "it" refer to?  How are you determining the memory location to send to?
I get nothing if I set the keyboard to say preset 5 and save from the MCC.  Nothing happens.  I can save to preset 00 though as long as it is the active preset.

Mattsachs

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:33:00 am »
I am having a similar problem. In the Midi Control Center software manual it says that the drop down menu for saving to my KeyLab 61 is below the Send To Keyboard button. But it is not there! ??? I can't figure out if it is just a bug or what. I can't find a setting that will make it appear so I essentially can't save the settings to the Keylab and have to open the MCC software, load the settings that I saved and send to the Keylab every time I turn it on.
Really not good when setting up real fast for a gig. Perhaps there is a way to save the settings to a preset using the Keylab inself? Have not figured that out yet either. Have a support ticket in but it has been 2 days now with no response.

MacBook pro, 4GB RAM, 2.4Ghz, OSX 10.6.8

Adrien

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 02:52:46 pm »
Hi

Indeed I just checked and this feature is missing sadly. You can not yet change directly the a specific memory of the keylab settings. We will change this ASAP.

Until then the solution is to know that once you click on "send to keyboard" the current memory of the keyboard is changed, and you have then to store it on the memory that you prefer:
  • change settings in the MCC
  • click on send to keyboard
  • Now the current settings of your keylab are the one you set on the MCC
  • press "EDIT", and "STORE"
  • Choose with the value knob the memory in which you want to write it
  • Click on the value encoder to validate your choice
  • the keyboard now ask you if you want to confirm, press again the value encoder to confirm

Done.
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

jmcecil

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »
  • Choose with the value knob the memory in which you want to write it
This part doesn't seem to work for me ... If you select any memory location other than "default", nothing happens.  At least that's how it works for me.

I can save off setups and load them into default.  But I can't save to different memory locations.

Adrien

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 04:13:24 pm »
hi

Yes, maybe I was not clear.

First from the MIDI Control center : you send it to the keyboard.
Second, on the keyboard, you use "EDIT" + "STORE" and choose a memory location using the "value" knob.
then press the "value" knob, twice

And now it is recorded in the specified memory.

best regards
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

jmcecil

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 04:17:31 pm »
hi

Yes, maybe I was not clear.

First from the MIDI Control center : you send it to the keyboard.
Second, on the keyboard, you use "EDIT" + "STORE" and choose a memory location using the "value" knob.
then press the "value" knob, twice

And now it is recorded in the specified memory.

best regards
I'll give that a shot.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines