March 28, 2024, 08:40:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Thread for user suggestions for Keylab feature updates  (Read 8965 times)

mckayallday

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thread for user suggestions for Keylab feature updates
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:55:58 pm »
Hi. Since I don't see a section for this, I have created a thread here to collect user suggestions for possible improvements on a cool device  :)

My first suggestion is probably common with other users. It is to have a preset naming option on the keylab controller. Currently, presets are named 00, 01, 02, etc. Having the option to name them "Ableton," "Drum Mapping," etc. would be much better for remembering what configs you have saved in which preset. I imagine this was discussed in development, but maybe there is still a way to implement this in a firmware update?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:19:44 pm by mckayallday »

mckayallday

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
LCD display
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:25:40 pm »
I don't know if this is possible, but I wonder if there could be an option to adjust the LCD viewing display angle in a global parameter? On some devices you can adjust contrast or some parameter so the LCD can be viewed legibly at angles other than standing directly above the screen. Some of us have our keyboards in front of our computer keyboards or similar. This means we see the screen constantly at an angle. Since we are not looking directly down on the screen vertically, it makes the text difficult to read without standing up over the keyboard. Perhaps it is an easy thing to implement? Perhaps not. Not a deal breaker by any means, but this would be great to have.

George Ware

Re: LCD display
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 11:45:56 pm »
I don't know if this is possible, but I wonder if there could be an option to adjust the LCD viewing display angle in a global parameter? On some devices you can adjust contrast or some parameter so the LCD can be viewed legibly at angles other than standing directly above the screen. Some of us have our keyboards in front of our computer keyboards or similar. This means we see the screen constantly at an angle. Since we are not looking directly down on the screen vertically, it makes the text difficult to read without standing up over the keyboard. Perhaps it is an easy thing to implement? Perhaps not. Not a deal breaker by any means, but this would be great to have.

I agree!

George Ware

George Ware

Re: Thread for user suggestions for Keylab feature updates
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 04:58:08 pm »
A way to name KeyLab stored configurations.

George Ware
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:17:00 pm by George Ware »

Army Of Ninjas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:59:48 am »
Definitely agree on the naming of presets and the angle view (lcd brightness perhaps???) suggestions.  Was looking for a way to change the lcd earlier today infact.  Ha!  Predefined mappings for commonly used third party plugins/daws (sylenth1, massive, omnisphere, trilian, etc.) perhaps.  All in all a very solid board with my experience so far.   ;D

Army Of Ninjas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 02:03:40 am »
Also, I'm not sure if this is possible due to physical memory constraints; but I would like to see more locations to store user-made presets.  I use a large number of plugins and use 2 daws with regularity.  11 locations is do-able, but I would certainly like to see something more like 15 or 20.  Also, varibale brightness for the led's throughout the board would be nice.  Small gripes, but they would certainly improve my experience with the controller.

Army Of Ninjas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 11:17:04 pm »
Not sure if this is possible due to constraints of midi...

But I would love to see the chord function of the pads be able to be used outside of the analog lab software.  Eg - I would like them to be able to trigger triadic chords by sending midi data for not 1 but THREE notes at a time.  I imagine this could be possible through a firmware update.  I love using the pads to accompany myself while I play leads with the other hand.  Please please please make this happen.

Army Of Ninjas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »
I'm starting to think that Arturia doesn't really care much about these forums...   :'(

HamHat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 08:54:31 am »
Ableton template....

thebdp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 07:03:46 am »
I'm starting to think that Arturia doesn't really care much about these forums...   :'(

Ya... totally agree. These forums are a ghost town!

btw, i want a studio one template  ;)

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 07:27:36 pm »
I've got a few, though one is for the MIDI driver:

If you can provide an installable multi-client USB MIDI driver (for Windows, presumably for Mac too), me love you long time, Arturia! For example, if I load up Ableton Live, then start Reason as a Rewire slave...right now, I can't use the Keylab in Reason because Live is using the MIDI driver.

On my previous keyboard, an Axiom 61, I was able to use it in both Live and Reason (simultaneously if I wanted!). This would be a huge boost to functionality.

The next rec is for the buttons. I really enjoy the tactile feedback of every button on the keyboard, but they're loud. They produce such loud clicks that they're disruptive when I'm trying to do anything quiet, for example using the transport buttons to listen closely to a mix. Quieter button action would help a ton, in every possible setting.

Also, the pads seem to double-press a lot for me. Not sure if there's a MIDI setting I should be using to prevent that, but I haven't found a fix yet, and it could be due to the pads themselves.

That's all I've got!

Aldred411

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 09:40:32 pm »
Mpc software template
Halion sonic 2 and other vsts templates
The ability to use more then two sounds ,midi channels  in a project

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines