April 25, 2024, 01:58:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: count in on the metronoem  (Read 1841 times)

gen123456

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
count in on the metronoem
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:37:41 am »
Hello,
I am new to using a drum machine so I am having difficulties in recording the drums in step wtih the metronome.  There is no count in and Sparkle start recording the MIDI immediately so when I start hitting the pads it's always a tad bit too late.  Then I have to go back and drag all the notes back a step or two so the first beat start in the first step on the first measure.  Is there a way around this because with no count in I can't seem to start hitting the pads fast enough to keep up with the recording button? 
Thank you for your feedback. 

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: count in on the metronoem
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:01:12 am »
If you right-click on the record button there is a quantize function;  Or you could just let the metronome loop a couple times until you have the timing down.

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:19:42 am »
You can use the CountIn of your DAW (while HOST button is pressed on the Spark VST).

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:01:50 pm »
well i just let the pattern cycle through once and then record on the second time through....it's always going to repeat the pattern so it's like a built in count in haha

i think you might just need to practice a bit. when i first got spark (my first drum machine too) i had trouble nailing it on time. but now i can do it pretty well

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines