March 28, 2024, 10:13:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: buying used origin keyboard  (Read 4364 times)

soundsailer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
buying used origin keyboard
« on: July 31, 2013, 01:27:00 am »
I just bought a origin KB used through music123, once it arrives I'll have 45 days to check it out on their return policy.
What are some of the issues I should be looking for ?
I'm in the states and NO they don't have a repair facility here for the origin, they mention Bellingham Washington as a location for repairs in the states, which is real close to me but when I inquired about that with arturia they said that all origin repairs go back to France..... So I'm a little freaked out about this purchase, but on the other hand I can't F@#k'n wait to get my hands on it ! :o

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: buying used origin keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:34:52 am »
Hi,

I'd check all those knobs. In my experience they are Origin's weakest part. Check that they really give highest and lowest value or increase/decrease those values smoothly. Some endless encoders (like those in step seq row or big knob) can jump randomly if they are malfunctioning.

And if you decide to keep it, be careful with it. I had 3 months repair process with my Origin in France. It's really difficult to fix anywhere else.

soundsailer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 06:01:56 pm »
first on my list, thanks, I think it was SOS that did a review of a early desktop that had a faulty main dial.. And this baby is stay'n in the studio  ;D

soundsailer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 07:12:16 am »
well I didn't have to find any issues because ups beat the shit out of it and it arrived DOA :'(

ASch

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:29:56 am »
Bummer - my first Origin keyboard was damaged in transit too, it just arrived in a cardboard box!  Luckily I went through a thorough test phase and quickly realized that the foot pedal socket wasn't working - I think a board had come loose inside.  The second unit arrived in a Gator hardcase - no problem  :)

Andreas

soundsailer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 01:59:16 am »
3 thumbs up for Music123, because the board got damaged in shipping they are exchanging it for a brand new one for $2699 which is just $150 more then the used one I bought from them...... ;D

soundsailer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 02:58:50 am »
just got my board, I didn't know they came with a road case, how cool is that!  No issue I can see so far, I've ran down the list of issues that have been posted and so far so good...... This might be the coolest board yet it just feels so fluent, I've got a Kronos that is my bread and butter but it's a bitch to go menu diving, this doesn't feel that way I'm moving around easily and finding what I need quickly, I really like the way it's setup............... 8)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines