I've been trying to figure out what's going on for hours now and can't seem to solve it.
When I open files in Cubase with the Minibrute plugged in through USB, everything in the track loads, and then the "MIDI Out Activity" bar spikes. When this happens, the Minibrute freezes- the tempo and LFO lights stop flashing, and no sound comes from it. The track just sits there until I turn the Minibrute off, and then it loads immediately. Here's my setup:
Minibrute Firmware 126.96.36.199
Windows XP Service Pack 3
edit: I've also noticed that on this computer the Minibrute shows up as "USB Audio Device" and not "Minibrute" as it does on my Windows 7 machine I just tried it out on. I uninstalled the driver in Device Manager, restarted the Minibrute, and it said "New Device Detected: Minibrute", followed by "USB Audio Device," which then overwrote the Minibrute entry in Device Manager. Not sure if that means anything.