March 28, 2024, 03:30:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton live "device's effects encoders" problem  (Read 3589 times)

pranav

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ableton live "device's effects encoders" problem
« on: August 31, 2013, 08:39:24 pm »
Hi guys,
first of all, i'm more than pleased with the product. It works really good, except for some problems here and there.

First things first, i have updated my minilab according to the latest firmware. Analog lab doesn't detect it at times, but if i restart the application, its all good.

The main problem that i'm facing is when I use the minilab with ableton. The automap works fine most of the time, but when I load effects (like beat repeat, arpegiator, etc) and when I move the knobs to control the parameters, it acts VERY weird, i can only change 5% of the total value, and it doesn't move more than that. This is really bugging me. Other than the effects, the knobs work well with the parameters of the instruments (like synth and pad sounds)

BTW I use minilab in 'relative' mode, using minilab in 'absolute' mode is a disaster. The value swings from 0 to 100 in a second, with very less accuracy and control.

What can be the solution to this? Do I need to download a separate ableton script? Please help!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:42:23 pm by pranav »

Dav1d

Re: Ableton live "device's effects encoders" problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 10:00:00 am »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:32:52 pm by David@Arturia »

pranav

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:05:10 pm »
yes, i've installed the latest firmware, still i'm facing the same problem. Any suggestion?

Dav1d

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 02:36:22 pm »
Yes, it seems to be a related to the script for Ableton. This is within their jurisdiction.
I have tested a bunch of effects and unfortunately this problem occurs on the following effects:
- Arpegiator
- Chords
- Note Lenght
- Pitch
- Velocity
- Random
- Beat Repeater

:-\

pranav

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 12:47:23 pm »
Yes, it seems to be a related to the script for Ableton. This is within their jurisdiction.
I have tested a bunch of effects and unfortunately this problem occurs on the following effects:
- Arpegiator
- Chords
- Note Lenght
- Pitch
- Velocity
- Random
- Beat Repeater

:-\

Exactly!!! Beat repeat and arpegiator are some of the main effects that I use. This is really frustrating. Is there any solution to this? Can we expect an update to ableton script any time soon?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines