March 28, 2024, 01:37:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anyone else having issues with MidiLearn on Minilab 25?  (Read 5378 times)

eroxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Anyone else having issues with MidiLearn on Minilab 25?
« on: September 08, 2013, 03:01:14 pm »
I have the Arturia Minilab 25 and iMini ... When I try to do midi learn on the iMini, I move a knob on the Minilab, and iMini recognizes the CC ... But then when I move the knob it does nothing in imini ... ???

bennyw

Re: Anyone else having issues with MidiLearn on Minilab 25?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 07:03:22 am »
I have the exact problem. iMini is reading the knobs as a switch instead of a knob. Really pretty lame, since that's what the knobs on the minilab are supposed to be used for.  I think it's a hardware issue, since it does the same on all the synths on my iPad.
I'm guessing they know about it, but can't do anything now that they've put endless knobs on the minilab.
Maybe a firmware upgrade? Anyway.
Good luck.

Grahamguitarman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:16:54 pm »
Well that's kinda put me off buying a minilab - it was on my next shopping list when I get paid too :(

Oldsynthguy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:21:31 pm »
I have a Minilab 25 and iMini working as they should. Rotary encoders will change both switched settings (including waveform or octave shift) and continuous (filter, glide, mod mix, envelope controls.

There are several things to remember. The most important is to select a preset on the Minilab (shift and pad 1 for example) before you do anything else. Now you have base reference. Now open MIDI learn, twist yourself silly setting up whatever. Exit MIDI learn. You are good to go. Always be sure to select the MiniLab preset you used with iMini BEFORE you expect iMini to listen to what it's supposed to know. The issue is not with iMini but with MiniLab waking up stupid and needing to know who it is before it will do what you ask of it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines