March 28, 2024, 11:41:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: After 1.24 update keylab 49 is numb!  (Read 5795 times)

Tim D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
After 1.24 update keylab 49 is numb!
« on: September 11, 2013, 03:20:13 pm »
As the title says, after updating to 1.24 keylab 49 went numb well not totally the pitch weel works but thats it! The controller does its startup with the leds after that all leds light up and stay lit. Midi control center can not detect the controller anymore, though the funny thing is I can reflash the firmware and it even says that the firmware update was succesfull (without detecting the keyboard :p thats someting special).

I wish I could download and reroll the firmware to 1.18, I tryed the keys before I did the whole "keylab-start". back then at least the keys worked (didnt try the controlls then) midi controll software did also recognise the controller and the firmware version as 1.18.

On a site note....
I did the whole story (more complete) on a ticket but, I did not get a conformation for a send ticket. Also I have no technical requests the site states... I do I just made one! Probably a site problem :)

Hope it can be fixed and I hope I get the older firmware verions to test the controller...

*ableton detects Keylab 49 in the midi menu, but it does not do anything (other then pitchweheeling)...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:38:27 pm by Tim D »

Tim D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: After 1.24 update keylab 49 is numb!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 04:06:26 pm »
Some new development, tryed midi control center on my laptop and the controller got recognised, now some midi controls started working after (sending devaults?) still not working.

Tim D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:12:48 pm »
Fixed! Holding both ocatve buttons and repowering the keyboard makes it reset I read on antoher thread, this fixed everything also the keys are working not!  ;D

Rebecca@arturia

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:14:18 pm »
Hi Tim,

Glad you figured that one out!   It's the same thing I would have suggested to you anyways.   ;D

Regards,

Rebecca

voxx_man

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:19:35 pm »
Hi Tim,

I've been tearing my hair out about this for the last hour, so decided to check the forum and found your solution.  I just had to register an account just to say thank you very much.

Cheers

Rich

Tim D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 02:50:41 pm »
Glad it helped you Rich!

Thanks anyway Rebecca. Now trying to get a fix on serveral other things; no automations get recorderd in ableton (but they do in analog lab though there is no way to display them).
And a even less funny thing is that at some point my live played track stops working, when I'm working on other tracks. So it just stops without any warning, it does something but with a very very low volume, same keys I played but the recorded automations do not work anymore. I will now try and record a track and bounce it to audio everytime I record something hopefully this works, otherwsie the software is useless at this point.

Regards,
Tim   

Tim D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:09:01 pm »
So I can freeze the track and the sounds are ok, trying to flatten the track (bounce to audio) crashes ableton. Unfreeze the track and nothing is left from the sound, just some random totally different preset plays. To much wrong with this software to use in my opinion. I run into these problems after thrying to use it for the first time in a track.

Is Analog Lab tested in ableton?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:10:43 pm by Tim D »

webtomass

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 02:23:07 am »
I updated the minilab to latest firmware and also MCC and minilab is no longer functional at all. I sent a ticket in but I doubt it will get answer. Perhaps someone witll answer here? If not, I'll take the product back. Not good when an update 'bricks' your keyboard Yikes!

lotuselanjohn

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 08:34:44 am »
Yes. Tore my hair out. Latest keylab49 bin, MC. Followed all the intructions A HUNDRED TIMES.
On the 101st attempt, Close MCC and any midi / audio apps, Turn off the KB, hold both octave buttons and repower the KB, keeping both octave buttons pressed for > 5 secs.
I'd done this 99 times before to no avail, but finally it worked... Still testing, but its a start.... Hang in there, folks...  it will eventually work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines