March 28, 2024, 07:34:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: bought SEM for Windows, bought a Mac...can I download a Mac version?  (Read 3966 times)

Hakon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi

Yes, I have asked Arturia same question, but I dont really expects them to answer...after all, my suppport request for my Origin is almost a year old by now  :-) even for a French IT company (I should know, I work for one), these people are amazingly arrongant :-)

Anyway, I bought SEM V for Windows a while ago. It never showed up in my Sonar (did Arturia offer any help? .....) and for this (and many others reasons) I recently bought myself a Mac, hoping for better luck.

So...I need a Mac version of the SEM V.... does anyone know if Arturia lets you download a Mac version after having purchased a Win version?

regards
Håkon

Home Studio 87

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: bought SEM for Windows, bought a Mac...can I download a Mac version?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 12:22:44 pm »
yes go to the dowload page of arturia & dowload the version you want ! you have to install the elicenser soft for mac that's all !
Intel i7 2600k/16go DDR3/Seven x64/RME Multiface/2x UAD2 Duo/TC Powercore/Cubase 7 x64/Steinberg CMC/Remote SL/Faderport/etc...

Hakon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 06:09:19 pm »
Hi

Thanks for replying :-) But all I find in the download area are *updates*....is that the entire thing in fact?

regards
Håkon

Hakon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 06:34:41 pm »
OK----I downloaded what I though was an update only, and it worked....

except when I got to the point where i had to enter an UNLOCK CODE....this is supposed to be on the registration card, which I cannot locate. All my serial numbers etc are on the Arturia web site, but this code doesnt seem to be there :-(

Am I screwed? (with a normal company, I could submit a support request...but in this company´s case....nah... :-)

br
Håkon

dreamreal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 03:06:17 pm »
Hakon, with all due respect, I've found Arturia to be pretty responsive, although some issues do tend to get buried. You should have auser area through which you can get all of this data; it's what I was able to do.

Hakon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 07:17:43 pm »
OK....guess I have to eat my words to a certain extent....Arturia DID in fact reply today, thyey gave me looooong explanation why my request was near impossible ...and then at the end gave me a very simple solution ("at my own risk") ... well, long story short: the UNLOCK CODE was a wild goose chase, I was instead to order a new authorization code.... and it worked :-) I am now a happy man.

As to Arturia´s responsiveness: maybe they screen/filter issues, what can be answered quickly and painlessly they answer, the rest...they ignore. One of the (less important) reasons why I jumped ship from Windows to Mac was that SEM V would no longer show up after I upgraded my Sonar... I filed a support request (ok, maybe the issue was really Sonar´s more than Arturia´s...but the request was never answered by Arturia, despite several reminders from my side....I just gave up in the end.  Likewise, I have an Origin desktop (beautiful synth btw) ... I have a rather severe issue with its output volume that renders it practically useless (there is a tip in the knowledge base, but it is to no help) ... I filed a support request about a year ago.... despite several reminders, no response whatsoever from them. This synth is too good and too expensive to give up on, so I will keep reminding them. But after a year, my hopes are moderate to low :-)

regards
Håkon

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines