March 19, 2024, 05:40:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum pads sending incorrect data.  (Read 3767 times)

ilove

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Drum pads sending incorrect data.
« on: September 18, 2013, 01:56:34 am »
I'm using the Key Lab 49 drum pads to control Superior Drummer/Kontakt drum sets within Logic X.

With the pads set to "midi note" in the midi control center: the keylab is sending polypressure midi data to logic which causes problems for cymbals within superior drummer and kontakt. 

For example, the crash cymbals using NY AVATAR in superior drummer does not always hit properly.  More times than less, the cymbal will mute before ringing completely. 

If I play the cymbal using a key it works or if I change the midi pad to note toggle it also works.  However note toggle keeps the pad on and requires me to hit it again before I can get another hit out of it.

Is there a way to have the pads send proper midi data (such as the data sent during note toggle)?

If you look in logic X Midi Input , you see the pads inputting polyphonic data compared to the keys that show a note cymbal but are still velocity sensitive.

In native instruments mashine you have the option to fix this by:
- Select a pad, go to the tab "Assign", go to the tab "Press" and change "Type" from "Polypressure" to "Note. Change the Threshold values to "Off 0%" "On 100%".
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:28:10 pm by ilove »

Urkt

Re: Drum pads sending incorrect data.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:50:02 pm »
I write this not as an answer, sorry. I only want to mention another problem with the drum pads:

When I run AnalogLab in Cubase 6 as VST, the drum pads of keylab49 works as a single note and not as a chord!!

How I can change it please!?

ilove

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:47:48 pm »
Arturia, at the very least, can you please tell me if what I'm trying to achieve is not possible?  I guess you guys must be really busy?

ilove

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »
Still haven't received an answer to my ticket or email.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines