March 28, 2024, 10:40:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New song with Oberheim SEM-V synth & other Arturia stuff! New May 20th!  (Read 4970 times)

aaron aardvark

I put a new song in my music website called "Far Better Day".  The drums are mostly Spark Dubstep.  The first synth is SEM-V.  There is some real guitar on this song.    There is also SEM-V arpeggiated synth.  The lead synth is always ARP 2600V.  There is some low volume Prophet V synth that is high pitch and swirling.  Not all the synths are from Arturia, but most of them are.  Please tell me how you like this song and how it can be improved.  Here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=224436&songID=12796729

dreamreal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I like the synths. I listened on laptop speakers, and I thought the instruments stood out pretty well, although the drums needed meat - again, this is on laptop speakers, so the lack of depth is more on my end than on yours.

The lyrics were a little odd, and the meter for the lyrics was offputting. :( "Need some he-e-elp..." ... extending "help" like that is ineffective, because the word itself is one syllable, and ends weakly. "I really need some assistance" would flow better.

Plus: Why? Why do you need some help? You get this feeling you're headed for a far better day... where does the need for help play into that?

aaron aardvark

dreamreal,
Thank you for listening and commenting!  Are you from a particular state or country?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:11:24 pm by aaron aardvark »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines