News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASIO  (Read 9927 times)

Togo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ASIO
« on: September 25, 2003, 11:09:20 pm »
This is probably dumb but when I select one of the ASIO drivers in STORM, I get:
for ASIO DirectX -- OK but odd noises and STORM disappears when Config button is pressed.
for ASIO Multimdeia -- Error message
for Creative ASIO -- Error message

Yep, you guessed it - I've got a Creative Soundblaster (Audigy platinum) sound card. Dell 400MHz running XP; 256male sheep.

The problems got worse after installing new drivers from Creative (installing new drivers is almost always a stupid thing to do) (I could uninstall them I suppose...)

By the way, do you get the "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk..." message? STORM is the only app that does this. (I've tried the MS workaround.)
-- Togo

Anonymous

ASIO
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 08:13:42 am »
May be in asking on support of your audio device, you' ll have an aswer?...

The quality of asio drivers depend of them...

On my mac, every thing work well, with Delta 66, and Digi 02... But it isn't the same price... :cry:  :(  :roll:  :lol:

Togo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ASIO
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 11:26:50 pm »
Thanks for the tip... I've always fancied a Mac but that would make like too easy.

I did try Creative 'support' and downloaded their latest driver but all my other apps (Cubasis, etc. etc.) work fine with ASIO selected - so I can't really blame them. I even tried reinstalling STORM.  :(
-- Togo

Togo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Solved!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 09:56:39 pm »
The Arturia support team solved it (well sort of). They told me about the http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/ site where I could download a new driver. This didn't work (probably because I'm far too stupid to follow simple instructions) but when I rolled back the drivers Storm, Mg 'n' all were working with ASIO again (well sort of). The Creative driver still ain't working but what do I care?  :wink:

Thank you Support -- you've replied to both my emails and solved the problems each time!  :D
-- Togo

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines