April 23, 2014, 09:54:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH ABLETON! (KEYLAB 49)  (Read 1395 times)

TruthTheGod

• Apprentice
HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH ABLETON! (KEYLAB 49)
« on: September 29, 2013, 11:46:42 pm »
I want to map the knobs/pads/faders to things in ableton, but I click on the MIDI Learn function in Ableton, and move a knob or fader and it doesn't map... ???

Dav1d

• Administrator
Re: HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH ABLETON! (KEYLAB 49)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »
Is there any MIDI message send from the Keyboard?
You are using MAC or PC?

Walth

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 08:32:34 pm »
I want to map the knobs/pads/faders to things in ableton, but I click on the MIDI Learn function in Ableton, and move a knob or fader and it doesn't map... ???

In the settings, Midi tab, you should select "remote" as input for your keyboard's midi channel

Menu "Options", last item "Settings", on the dialog box that opens, you have some tab vertically on the left. Click on "Midi Sync" (3rd from the top).
Then you should see a list of Midi ports. Find the "Input" corresponding to your midi channel/keyboard. on the right hand side, you have 3 buttons (3 columns Track-Sync-Remote), On or OFF, the last on the right must be turned On in order for Ableton Live to accept your Midi Messages for any control learning.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:40:55 pm by Walth »

methos

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:02:30 am »
 Has anyone had luck with setting up a remote script?  I have triple checked all the settings for abletons  MIDI remote script but just won't work. I'm thinking it's a problem with the MIDI channel. although I've tried changing the channel from the keyboard and from the script.  I get the blue hand and even  MIDI activity being received but sadly nothing moves.

Anybody have any insight?  I'm thinking about returning this keyboard even though I love it. I feel it could have much better integration with any daw.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines