March 29, 2024, 12:03:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab & Analog Laboratory as AU  (Read 3024 times)

Dennis Chekaldin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab & Analog Laboratory as AU
« on: October 05, 2013, 05:55:43 am »
Hi

I started a similar topic in 2011 when the first versions of the Analog Laboratory had just been released.
The issue is very simple in nature: when the Analog Lab is used as a standalone app with the Analog Laboratory controller or the KeyLab you can easily browse through all the presets and modify all the parameters with the knobs without any delays.
Which is very different when the plugin is used as an Audio Unit in any DAW. Arturia made some improvements with 1.0.5 and browsing is a little less tiresome compared to previous versions now. But it's still slow and buggy.
Which is twice as surprising because of the fact that the standalone plugin works without lags for that matter.
Arturia, please fix this soon.

Please try very hard to avoid the ridiculous bugs of the plugin occasionally making noise with loudness levels enough to destroy any speaker.
I slightly damaged a pair of new Focals that way. That is very irresponsible on Arturia's part.
I know that you don't reply to all the comments, but I'm pretty sure everything is read and taken into account.
Your company is innovative and is quite capable of doing a good solid job, which is clear from how the MiniBrute and SparkLE are made.
Please improve the Analog Lab software for it to be a properly usable instrument like most other well made plugins by Spectrasonics, SugarBytes or Sonic Charge. None of these other companies have crashes in their software - maybe you would consider delegating the upgrade of the code of AnalogLab to one of these companies or hiring one of their developers for the job? That would surely improve Arturia's reputation in terms of software stability.

vaikl

Re: Analog Lab & Analog Laboratory as AU
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51:21 pm »
plugins by Spectrasonics, SugarBytes or Sonic Charge. None of these other companies have crashes in their software

Whoohoo - for sure??? You're kidding, aren't you? :D

Dennis Chekaldin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab & Analog Laboratory as AU
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:55:21 am »
plugins by Spectrasonics, SugarBytes or Sonic Charge. None of these other companies have crashes in their software

Whoohoo - for sure??? You're kidding, aren't you? :D

Well, all of the quality plugins by these companies of course kinda do have a couple of bugs here and there, like most digital technology has nowadays. But to me Spectrasonics to Arturia at this stage is almost like Mac OS X to Windows XP in terms of software stability. This is a rough and arguable statement, pardon for that, but it's how I view it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines