March 19, 2024, 02:31:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 making random changes  (Read 5846 times)

Belikejake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab 49 making random changes
« on: October 18, 2013, 12:01:56 am »
I purchased my Arturia Keylab 49 a few weeks ago, and have noticed that it will randomly switch to edit mode and will also select bank 2 and highlight the record button. There does not appear to be any pattern to it. I am currently running firmware vers. 1.18

Anybody having similar issues? Any type of suggestions for a solution are welcome.

Thank you.

errorspending

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 49 making random changes
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 04:16:20 am »
I had the same issue…seems to have resolved by loading the default settings from midi control center and saving that to the first patch.  not sure if it will stay working though…. theres another post on here about it

Belikejake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:06:23 am »
I'll try it, thanks!

Also, I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find any other info about it, would it be possible to get a link to the other post?

Edit: I've loaded the default using the pre-release version of Midi Control Center from http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=14130.0, will update in a day or two to see if this has resolved the issue.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:21:33 am by Belikejake »

errorspending

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:19:19 am »
I'm not sure where it is, but my keylab just started acting up again so I guess it doesn't work….what is with these things…

Not only am I having this problem on the first day of purchase, but also one of the pads doesn't trigger on one of the corners like all the others…so I guess I have to exchange it. 

errorspending

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 11:33:25 pm »
Did you ever resolve this problem?  I haven't returned mine yet...

Belikejake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 06:42:46 pm »
So far no improvement. Still not able to identify any pattern with the random changes.

Since i'm at Firmware version 1.18, I am wondering if an update may resolve the issue, but I am hesitant to do so due to the amount of problems that people seem to have after updating on other threads.

Edit: I will update firmware and hope the issue will be resolved. I'll update the thread either way.

Edit #2: Updating software does not seem to have any impact on this issue.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed by Arturia soon.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:59:04 am by Belikejake »

errorspending

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:23:36 am »
I finally exchanged mine at guitar center.  The new one works great…no problems so far.  So happy to not have that awful problem. 

Though I noticed something strange.  Apparently every kelab at guitar center had the same pad problem I mentioned.  The 3rd pad from the left on the top row must have a design flaw.  The upper right corner of that pad would not trigger on every kelab I tried there.  All the other pads work perfectly and trigger on all corners. 

Belikejake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 03:42:08 am »
Never was able to exchange mine.
Guess I'm stuck with a keyboard that I can't trust to take on stage?
I'm not sure if this is a physical issue with the device, or a software issue.. It'd be great to get some actual support about it though : \

Adrien

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 12:35:51 pm »
Hello

This is a very strange issue.
I think you should exchange it maybe there is a HW defect.

Did you contact the support ?
best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Yetifoot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 06:28:07 am »
I have had similar problems with my Keylab 61. Twice at rehearsals some of my presets suddenly had random changes. The worst was tonight when the midi channel changes for preset 1 and no matter how many times I tried to edit and save the preset it just didn't work. I tried uplugging the board, resetting the board and every time I saved the preset it had no effect. I also had the pad problem mentioned above although I had never noticed until I read about it here.

This has finally done it for me. I called and got a return shipment label. Such a shame because I really liked the board otherwise. As far as I'm concerned Arturia is selling a defective product. :(

Belikejake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 04:17:49 am »
I was not able to exchange the keyboard, as I am past the 30 day time period from Guitar Center. Do you see any type of resolution to the issue? I'm honestly clueless as to how to address the problem.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines