March 28, 2024, 02:50:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 61 Power Supply?  (Read 10421 times)

the fiddler

KeyLab 61 Power Supply?
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:53 am »
Hi All,
Can any one tell me which power supply I need to use? .The info supplied with the unit is most confusing.

Page 18 of the manual 2.3 (Rear panel overview) states. DC 12v 500ma.

Page 18 of the manual 2.3.2 (Power Supply) states. DC 6v 500ma.

The DC input on the back of the unit states 5V 0.5A.

Having a look at some of the other issues people are having on this forum (and Arturias lack of response)and in addition to my own questions I'm staring to think I should see if I can get my money back and by a Novation.

Yetifoot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: KeyLab 61 Power Supply?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 11:14:10 pm »
I was looking for an external power supply myself but now I think I will just use an AC to DC USB adaptor. I metered the voltage coming from the computer to my Keylab and it was exactly the same as the voltage coming from my iPhone charger when I plugged the same USB cable into it. I tried running the Keylab using this setup and it worked.

There are other AC to DC USB charging options out there but if you decide to use one of those beware that some of them put out 10 volts instead of the 5 that the Keylab takes. Overpowering may not be an issue but I don't think I would risk it.

Also I have only tried using my charger as a test. I plan to use it long term but I'm not 100% sure that it is safe to do so.

Edit: I ran my Keylab using the iPhone charger (plugged into a Furman power conditioner) last night for about 3 hours at a rehearsal with no problems at all.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:11:56 am by Yetifoot »

MarctheDarc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 02:54:22 am »
USB is ALWAYS 5V, and correct Amps supply would be 1A, though actual usage varies from unit to unit - this apparently only need 0.5A.
Keep in mind that just because this is the correct voltage for the USB plug, the power socket may need a completely different voltage. I would look at the voltage stated (below?) the actual DC input on the unit, this will also reveal the correct polarity with a small symbol. In some cases a range of voltages will all suffice, since some units (mind you i have no idea if this is the case here) will be able to adjust to use any current with the provided range.

Best of luck.

Tim C

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 03:17:21 am »
I posted a similar question earlier but received no response.  I finally came upon this useful knowledge base reference:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=183

Bottom line, you need 5V, 500mA, 5.5 outer diameter, 2.1 inner diameter, 12mm depth, positive center AC power supply for the Keylab.

bhb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 03:30:33 am »
does Arturia sell an AC adapter for the Keylab series?

why wouldn't they just use a standard power cable?

why the odd connector?

two usb ports would have been better...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines