March 28, 2024, 11:38:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset Scroll still doesn't work  (Read 11100 times)

jmcecil

Re: Preset Scroll still doesn't work
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 04:48:57 pm »
Hello jmcecil,

To diagnose the problem properly, we need  to know what messages are actually sent by your keyboard unit, but I am afraid we can't read it from your video.
Please sent us some messages when turning the Preset knob clock-wise and some messages when turning counter clock-wise
Thanks forward

How do you want me to capture?  In absolute mode 114 increments and decrements by 1 in the MIDI monitor plugin placed directly before the plugin.  So, for example if the current value is 74 and I turn I rotate the knob left, it goes 73, 72, 71, 70 ... if I rotate to the right it goes 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... however, the Analog Lab just continues on in the current direction until it reaches the end of the list, then it will flip and go in the opposite direction .. again ignoring if the message is increasing or decreasing.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 05:11:59 pm »
I may be wrong but if you have the keylab map preset selected in the drop down box at the top analog lab it is set to receive the controller messages in relative by default you can unassign the controllers reassign and uncheck is relative checkbox so all the other controls are absolute but there is no setting to make the preset scroll absolute I have found

This is why the absolute preset map used in MCC set encoder 9 to relative

If you select the default controller in the drop down box of analog lab I believe the preset scroll is in absolute

jmcecil

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 07:02:01 pm »
I may be wrong but if you have the keylab map preset selected in the drop down box at the top analog lab it is set to receive the controller messages in relative by default you can unassign the controllers reassign and uncheck is relative checkbox so all the other controls are absolute but there is no setting to make the preset scroll absolute I have found
I don't see a box for relative mode in Analog Lab controller drop down.
This is why the absolute preset map used in MCC set encoder 9 to relative
This is only semi-related to the issue.  It doesn't matter what I set encoder 9 or any other encoder to in the MCC.  It will not work correctly in Analog Lab.
If you select the default controller in the drop down box of analog lab I believe the preset scroll is in absolute
If I choose the default map in Analog Lab, it now jumps by 5 presets per tick of the encoder.... but it continues in the same direction regardless of which direction I swirl the knob.

I'll do another video that is hopefully clearer.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

jmcecil

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:48 pm »
One more video.  I can't figure out why they won't go high def, but I made it big enough and did some annotations so you could see what was happening.

http://youtu.be/5eA8USkkWzA

This is in absolute mode.  It works/doesn't work the same way in relative mode as well.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 03:04:09 pm »
How do you plug your keylab ?
Via your MIDISPORT 4x4 ? or directly in USB ?

.......testing.......

jmcecil

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 04:24:28 pm »
How do you plug your keylab ?
Via your MIDISPORT 4x4 ? or directly in USB ?

USB,  also for whatever reason it didn't occur to me to try via MIDI.  I'll give that a shot this evening.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines