March 28, 2024, 08:21:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Bug] Can't assign midi note to pattern in SparkLE skin  (Read 1852 times)

karaidon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[Bug] Can't assign midi note to pattern in SparkLE skin
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:26:41 am »
In the Spark skin for the software it's possible to assign midi notes to individual patterns by ctrl-clicking the corresponding pattern button (the key is different on mac, though I forgot what it was), as shown below:

This allows me to change the currently playing pattern in Spark via an external midi controller or via the DAW, which is handy to say the least.

However, in the SparkLE skin, this function doesn't work. Ctrl-clicking the pattern buttons does nothing (in both skins, ctrl-clicking the pads does work though). Since I have a SparkLE and not a Spark, every time I wish to assign a midi note to a specific pattern, I have to temporarily switch over to the Spark skin. This does get annoying.

The plugin version does expose a parameter called Next Pattern to the DAW, which allows pattern changes via midi CC, but that's a really convoluted way to change patterns so I don't use it.

A fix to allow this function in the SparkLE skin would be appreciated.

(this is in version 1.7.1 btw. Since the changelog doesn't mention it I'm assuming the 1.7.2 beta does not fix this.)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: [Bug] Can't assign midi note to pattern in SparkLE skin
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 10:47:22 pm »
Hi there . at the moment you cannot assign midi to the patterns in sparkle but if you use a DAW i.e. cubase ,logic or ableton you can use parameter changes to change banks or pattens via automation lanes .just make a spark next pattern lane and a bank lane and use the automation to change them. see attachment.
hope this helps

regards

terry
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

karaidon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:36:07 am »
Thanks for the reply. As mentioned, I am already aware of this functionality.

However I find it a rather convoluted way of doing things, because changing patterns with an automation doesn't really make sense and trying to get the envelope values right proved difficult. Ultimately, switching over to the Spark skin was easier, though still inconvenient.

It seems strange to me that one skin has a feature the other hasn't (after all, the term skin suggests it changes GUI appearance and layout and does not affect functionality), and it ostensibly is something easy to rectify.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:04:22 am »
This is definitely a bug and will be fixed (hopefully) soon.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines