March 28, 2024, 10:24:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SEM V and XP  (Read 2741 times)

sps

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SEM V and XP
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:12:24 am »
Hello,
i bought Sem V and it was announced for XP too. But unfortunately all Versions that are availible had major bugs.( intolerable burden Asio peaks, Midilearn bug ...). Yes, i know XP is an old system but for it runs perfect until now and there is no need to change a running system. 3GHZ Quadcore 3GB everything works fine.So i only buy software that runs in XP too.
Nice to see, that the new version seems to be stable but is there no chance to make it possilbel for XP. I donīt want new features but i will work with a major bugfree version. It is impossible to install on an XP system. Thats not the way i bought it.
No one told that a major bugfree vesion only runs.
Please make little patch that i can use the stable version for XP

Until today a few VSTs iīm using are not availble in 64bit (and the 32bit bridge is not stable) so for me it is another reason to on XP.

Regards
RME HDSP 9652 3GB Cubase6.5.5  3,0GHZ  Quadcore

Examigan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: SEM V and XP
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:43:36 pm »
So i only buy software that runs in XP too.

You might know this already, but you might want to upgrade to at least Windows 7 as support for XP is sending in April:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/endofsupport.aspx

Many developers will eventually stop making their products to be compatible with it.

sps

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: SEM V and XP
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:14:49 pm »
Hello,

yes i know this, but i only want a major bugfree version for XP. For Exaple see Steinberg 6.5.5 the latest version which is running on XP. No major bugs. It runs stable. Not so SEM.  No support for, ok,..no problem. As i bought it it was for XP, so what I only want,  what i payed for.
RME HDSP 9652 3GB Cubase6.5.5  3,0GHZ  Quadcore

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines