March 28, 2024, 10:24:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Got one! Questions and a simple request  (Read 4532 times)

newgreyarea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Got one! Questions and a simple request
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:06:48 am »
So I got my Microbrute  on Monday night. Love it so far. Much more than the Mini for some reason. . . . mostly the sequencer.
I'm wonder how I clock the sequencer from an external source like a clock signal from my modular? I can't seem to get it to work.
My filter envelope doesn't have a "0". Meaning even at "0" it's still putting out a signal which makes tracking the filter as a sine wave impossible.

Also, I'd like to make a feature request that I would think would be doable in a software update. A "tie" function in the sequencer. It could be as simple as hitting "rest" while holding a note but it would be extremely useful.

Howard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Got one! Questions and a simple request
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:39:12 pm »
A "tie" function in the sequencer. It could be as simple as hitting "rest" while holding a note but it would be extremely useful.
Good idea!

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 12:20:35 pm »
I'm wonder how I clock the sequencer from an external source like a clock signal from my modular? I can't seem to get it to work.
It's an option you have to activate from the Connection software. It will be released on November 12th, but you can get the user manual here:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=14289.0

My filter envelope doesn't have a "0". Meaning even at "0" it's still putting out a signal which makes tracking the filter as a sine wave impossible.
Filter env amout bipolar. When you set it to "0" it's full amount but inverted. The real 0 position is at center, you can feel the detent.

A "tie" function in the sequencer. It could be as simple as hitting "rest" while holding a note but it would be extremely useful.
good idea indeed we will think about it for sure
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

newgreyarea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 07:30:53 pm »

Filter env amout bipolar. When you set it to "0" it's full amount but inverted. The real 0 position is at center, you can feel the detent.

Hey Bruno, thanks for the response. I do have the knob at center. It just still seems to be sending signal. It's not a big deal to me. I'll rarely have the need to have it at "0". As for the "Tie" function.. . . . . . please!!! It would push this thing in SH-101 sequencer territory and combining it with all my old school gear would be unbeatable!

supergirl36

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »
It's an option you have to activate from the Connection software. It will be released on November 12th, but you can get the user manual here:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=14289.0]]

Hey, what if i want Ableton Live to be the clock. Can't i sync from inside Ableton instead of using the Connection software ? Thanks.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:07:24 pm »
You don't need the Connection software to provide the clock, it just a one time use to enable clock on gate.
To clock it with Live you the default settings will be fine
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

supergirl36

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 06:09:34 pm »
You don't need the Connection software to provide the clock, it just a one time use to enable clock on gate.
To clock it with Live you the default settings will be fine

Thanks. But what's the "clock on gate" or the gate ? Sorry if my question is silly, i'd be happy to learn something new... ;-)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:25:30 am »
They'll explain it much better than myself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CV/Gate

With Clock on gate option, every a gate signal is received on the gate input jack, the sequencer plays the next step. So if you have a machine that can generate complex rhythmical patterns, such as an analog drum machine with gate out, you can play the sequencer, with this same complex pattern.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

spydabee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 11:06:20 am »
It seems I have a similar issue with the filter env amount - to get a true zero, I have to set the knob a fraction to the left of the detent. Not an issue normally, but with our ears being so sensitive to pitch fluctuations, it does become noticeable when using the filter as sine oscillator.

However, a bigger issue for this particular technique seems to be the keyboard tracking, for which I cannot find a setting at which the pitch tracks the keyboard (even roughly) for more than an octave.

Has anyone had more success with this?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 09:55:50 am »
the tracking of this type of filter is pretty bad indeed. you won't get much better than an octave.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines