March 29, 2024, 12:48:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modulation Wheel  (Read 88351 times)

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Modulation Wheel
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 11:43:04 pm »
Just to chime in,

My first Microbrute had a dead Sub input on the the mod matrix, replacement arrived today and has the pitchwheel issue. When moving the wheel up the way, there is a notable drop in pitch and then a jump to whatever I've set the bend value to.

I'm primarily on a Mac but managed to get a hold of a Windows machine and running the calibration tool fixed it, sadly only until reboot.

I feel like Arturia are doing their best to make me hate this synth even though I really really really want not to.

Hopefully a firmware update will be along soon to fix it, seems to be a whole lot of people suffering from it atm.

Boooo.

D

nitrofresh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 06:48:33 pm »
I tried re-calibration that Bruno posted on the first page of this thread.
It worked... but after re-booting the machine (turning the Microbrute off and back on), the problem still existed.

I have a problem with a pitch wheel.
My keyboard playing requires a lot of pitch wheel performances, and this problem needs to be fixed right away!!!

Very very disappointed, but I hope the guys at ARTURIA are now paying a very special attention to those with this problem.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2014, 11:34:10 am »
We have been trying to reproduce this problem here with Bruno.
No problem occurs wheel calibration is still there even after reboot...
Did you update with last firmware version ?
What is your OS ?
Are you sending any MIDI message to MicroBrute while calibration is running ?
.......testing.......

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 01:24:27 pm »
Running latest firmware version on the Micro, no software that could be sending usb midi signals open, no midi or other signals physically patched in during calibration, was calibrated using my gf's Win7 (I think) machine. (it would be SUPER useful if the calibration tool came in osx flavour too as I don't always have access to a PC).

Calibration runs without any problems, fixes the problem and then once you turn off and on the power the problem persists.

I tried multiple times incase it was just bad luck, I even tried updating the firmware once it'd been recalibrated incase that was the only way of making the fix stick.

Still exactly the same issue.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:01:04 pm by erstlaub »

mediaklaus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 09:36:59 am »
Ben:
latest firmware, Mac OSX 10.9.2.
I didnīt try to calibrate (no Win-pc).
My microbrute came new with this pitchwheel issue.

regards, Klaus

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 09:13:19 am »
erstlaub :
Your issue is really really weird. Calibration info is stored in a flash memory. If it works after calibration it should work even if you power off/on the machine.
Please could you give an other try on another computer ?

mediaklaus :
You should make a calibration if you have any modwheel or pitch wheel pb. Sorry the soft is PC only...
.......testing.......

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 11:35:00 am »
I don't have access to another computer so I can't, sorry.

I'm not the only person whose calibration doesn't seem to be sticking after a power cycle. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you work out what's happening.

mediaklaus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 07:12:16 pm »
Calibration info is stored in a flash memory. If it works after calibration it should work even if you power off/on the machine.

the fact that some people having this problem with brand new (!) devices shows me that there ist either  a hardware problem with the flash memory or a software problem with the calibration tool (data is not saved correctly to the memory)

So, what else is stored in the flash memory? The sequences? The octave setting (which ist resetted at my device after shut down)?

Klaus

nitrofresh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 07:21:28 pm »
Since I bought mine new from the dealer (US), I will be receiving a replacement tomorrow and return the one that has a problem.
I will let you all know if I get the same exact problem with this replacement tomorrow or not.

nitrofresh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 07:23:31 pm »
We have been trying to reproduce this problem here with Bruno.
No problem occurs wheel calibration is still there even after reboot...
Did you update with last firmware version ?
What is your OS ?
Are you sending any MIDI message to MicroBrute while calibration is running ?

Speaking of a firmware, how do I know which version of firmware is currently in my Microbrute?
If I needed to update it, where and how do I update it?

Bacon

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2014, 07:33:00 am »
Download the Microbrute Connection software from Arturia's website, connect the Microbrute to a USB port on your PC, run Microbrute Connection and go to the Firmware Update page.

nitrofresh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2014, 09:37:08 pm »
FYI
A replacedment (new Microbrute) arrived a moment ago.
I tested it immediately and the new one does NOT have a pitch/modulation wheel issue.

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2014, 09:50:47 pm »
Ungh. I REALLY don't want to have to go through the whole replacement thing AGAIN!

scunacc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2014, 08:28:00 pm »
Hi folks. I just took delivery of my Microbrute. Loving it, but I have the same problem with the pitch bend and mod wheel as others have described. Down range on pitchbend is fine. Up goes up then down. Mod wheel sensitivity seems uncalibrated.

So, I registered the MB on the Arturia site but I do not see any calibration software there (or instructions apart from in this thread). Where do I find the calibration software?

Kind regards

Derek.

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2014, 08:49:06 pm »
In the 2nd or third post of this thread.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14302.0;attach=126286

Hopefully once you calibrate, it'll stick, unlike many others who definitely shouldn't/aren't having a problem and must be doing something wrong according to the folks at A...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines