March 28, 2024, 10:31:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modulation Wheel  (Read 88348 times)

mediaklaus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Modulation Wheel
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:21 pm »
WheelCalibration with the new firmware worked for me with windows7/virtual box on my mac.

Thanks!
Klaus

ghostly606

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2014, 12:08:09 pm »
I updated the firmware then ran the calibration software and this fixed my pitchwheel problem (dropping 2 semi tones when shifting the pitch upwards).

Now however, my sequencer doesn't work...  ???

EDIT - Oops, just spotted the thread below, amending the the software fixed this, thanks!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:12:27 pm by ghostly606 »

waiwan

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2014, 01:59:47 am »
Hello all,

I'm a newbie here and just purchased a MicroBrute last week.  I've noticed that the modulation wheel is occasionally popping and clicking.  I'm not sure whether this is a hardware or software fault.  I've updated the firmware but the problem still persists.  Does this sound like a mod wheel recalibration fix?

Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC to run the recalibration program to eliminate any potential software issues.  Is there a Mac based calibration programme available from Arturia?   

Thanks

splashdude

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2014, 03:58:58 pm »
Hello !
i just bought a brand new microbrute, and i noticed the pitchwheel acted kind of weird. No problem when you go downward, but really weird when you go upward.

Here is some stuff i recorded to show the behaviour. You can hear that it's totally fine when going downward, and then i try upward and you hear the "STEP" effect.

i tried the Wheel calibration patch, but no changes at all.  :-\

what should i do ?

thanks!

MozartVonRobot

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2014, 05:33:46 pm »
I just bought a slightly used Microbrute, and I had pretty much the same problem as the poster just above me. Pitching down worked fine, but pitching up made it step down before stepping up. I ran the wheel calibration software and it didn't work. Then I closed the calibration software, rebooted my microbrute and tried the calibration software again. It worked, and my wheels are now working fine!

EDIT: ...but now the sequencer is not working.
EDIT2: ...got it to work by fiddling with the clk/gate switch in the connection software. All is well now, it seems.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:28:24 pm by MozartVonRobot »

splashdude

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2014, 05:42:22 pm »
Personally, i just sent back the unit back to the shop as no one answered me here.

So, the shop guy gave me a brand new one, but i asked for testing it. AND THEN, same problem... So the synth is going to get repaired and i just bought some new synth i can't use for i don't know how many time.

Quite a bummer, if you ask me.  :(

EanWeichsel

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2015, 10:49:41 pm »
I had this weird problem with my pitch wheel as well. When I fist got the MB the wheel would work fine when bending DOWN but when bending UP there would be this weird note-jumping-behaviour described by some people in this thread.
I have tried a lot of things and couldn't find a solution but what is described here on page 4 of this thread has fixed my problem!

Thank you Bruno & Ben.

PS: Did it on VirtualBox as well

splashdude

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2015, 11:02:43 pm »
Could'nt fix the problem with all the solutions evoked, so the shop took it back for Repair 3 days after the buying.

THE UNIT IS STILL GETTING REPAIRED after 2 Months. For a minor problem that is certainly known by Arturia, this long amount of time truely sucks.

Seriously...

(oh and i live in France, so buying French bla bla bla)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:11:56 pm by splashdude »

motwell

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:12 am »
Thanks, @Bruno and @Ben!

I too had the stepping behavior on upward pitch wheel movements.  I downloaded the zip file from the link in Ben's post, installed the new OS version, ran the calibration tool, rebooted, and ... pitch wheel is working normally !!!  What a relief, thanks again - i'm very happy with my tiny brute!

I must say that it took quite a bit of digging (via internet search) to find this solution.  And ironically it comes in the midst of a thread titled "Modulation Wheel."  There are a couple of references to the "latest firmware version" but nowhere does it give the specific number (so i spent some time spinning my wheels with version 1.03.2, which is the latest available from the Resources page for the MicroBrute on the main Arturia website).  Seems like there must be a better (more obvious) way to make this fix available; i bought my unit in August, so apparently there are still units in dealers' stock that have this same problem.

I will make the link known to Arturia Support (who knew about the calibration tool, but were silent as soon as i mentioned that the fix did not persist past reboots).  Hope fully that will make it easier for others to find this great fix.

Once again many thanks to Bruno and Ben for persevering to make this new OS version 1.03.3 available to us all!

alberto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2015, 08:40:42 pm »
Any change to put the link up where the 1.03.3 firmware is?

Arturia support site still shows 1.03.2.

alberto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2015, 08:08:49 am »
Found it, 1.03.3 firmware. However, that is also from last year, and in size much smaller than 1.03.2, so I did not dare to install it.

Since my Microbrute SE is working fine, I guess I use the slogan, if it works, don't fix it.

andresgrosso

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2016, 05:14:19 am »
Does anyone knows why the calibration won't stay after reboot?
I've had problems like many others and with Firmware 1.0.3.2 and the calibration tool I'm able to make the Pitch Wheel works as it should but I keep loosing the calibration when I turn off the unit.
Is it a memory problem?

Please help me with this!

Shad

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2016, 08:17:33 pm »
Hello, i had this problem with my Arturia Microbrute (new, received today). I just did a calibration test with the utility that Bruno provided, and all works now !!

I enjoy this product, thanks to Arturia for distant support on forum.

sawsweep

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2016, 01:58:22 pm »
Just applied this to my second-hand microbrute and fixed it! Happy now. I can confirm the calibration software works fine in Windows 10. Thanks Bruno and Ben and all who helped Arturia get to the bottom of this. I'd been assuming this was a dirty pot on my pitch bend wheel and opened up the microbrute, looked at it with a multimeter and couldn't see a problem. Then I started looking at schematics before checking this forum :)

shurikenyo

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2016, 03:37:54 pm »
worked here also on wmware win xp..had 2 stepping notes on the pitch wheel up. now working 100% even after reboot...Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines