March 28, 2024, 01:21:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modulation Wheel  (Read 88332 times)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Modulation Wheel
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 11:14:47 am »
you can either send it back for repair, either we can send you replacement wheel cap if you prefer to replace it your self.
But first you need to be sure it's no only a calibration issue. Please Check my older posts in this topic
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

bzzz

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 01:59:01 am »
Hello,
my modulation wheel has the same problem raised on this topic.
Once opened the Microbrute i found the wheel cap was forced in the wrong position by factory, with a broken dent like
in the picture posted in this thread by a user.
How I can ask to the support to send me a replacement wheel cap?

Thanks

sime-one

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 07:00:17 pm »
Oh I don't believe it! This is now two faults on a brand new unit that I only purchased days ago. What are Arturia going to do to put things right?! We should not be working for you - this is Arturia's job to iron out these faults before they leave the factory!! If I have to send this unit back it will not be at my expense.

Regards,

LJ
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:08:59 pm by sime-one »

zeropoint

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 01:45:37 pm »
Thanks, this fixed my pitch wheel issue (bending up worked fine, bending down resulted in a discrete jump to the lower tone).  Was worried it might be a hardware problem!

synthcat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 04:15:55 am »
Mod wheel wasn't working, but this solved it. Thanks for posting this fix, Bruno!

mikoro

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:12 pm »
I had two issues with the mod wheels which were both resolved by the fix posted above.

-> The pitch bend would "hiccup" downwards (going up slightly before going down).
-> The mod wheel wouldn't react until 90% up, after which it screamed open. It seemed to work like a binary switch almost.

As I said, both issues were resolved immediately with recalibration, I'm super happy.

Gyu

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 09:02:39 pm »
I have the same problem as the OP.
How can I fix it?
I'm on a mac so can't use a windows programme.
Is it hard to replace the pitch wheel?
Thanks,
Guy

Davidoff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 03:22:47 pm »
Hi everybody, the pitch wheel on my microbrute is working bad, when I getting down it is working perfectly but when I getting up, it jump down at the biggining of range and jump down at the end of range ... the calibration proccess fix the problem but when I turn off the brute and turn on again, the problem is back again ! How I can fix and save with the calibration tool ? I'm sure it is not an hardware problem but I did the calibration proccess a lot of time and allways the same problem !! help  ???

vinw

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 01:11:25 pm »
Hello! This is my first post since I bought my Microbrute yesterday.
Both wheels had a problem:
-when bending up, the pitch wheel would shortly pitch the sound down before pitching it up.
-the mod wheel had a kind of glitch/hic-up right after its zero position, as if it were shortly at max position.
Although I have a Mac, I manage to get hold of a PC and applied the wheel calibration procedure: this fixed both issues. unfortunately, when restarting the Microbrute, the pitch wheel still has its original issue (the Mod wheel seems completely OK though :) ).
>> Should I return my unit to my shop?
Or do you think this can be fixed by software?

Thank You! (very frustrating to have that issue since the machine seems great beside those issues, but wheels are fundamental, so this is a blocking issues for me unfortunately)

c3ll

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 01:50:38 am »
I was experiencing the odd pitch wheel behavior, jumping upon using the UP direction. I updated firmware, and used the windows calibration tool, first not moving the wheels to verify it changed behavior, and then repeating the process following the directions to a tee. Pitch wheel problems fixed!! Everything else on the unit seems fine.

fanu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 08:04:18 am »
Hello! This is my first post since I bought my Microbrute yesterday.
Both wheels had a problem:
-when bending up, the pitch wheel would shortly pitch the sound down before pitching it up.
-the mod wheel had a kind of glitch/hic-up right after its zero position, as if it were shortly at max position.
Although I have a Mac, I manage to get hold of a PC and applied the wheel calibration procedure: this fixed both issues. unfortunately, when restarting the Microbrute, the pitch wheel still has its original issue (the Mod wheel seems completely OK though :) ).
>> Should I return my unit to my shop?
Or do you think this can be fixed by software?

Thank You! (very frustrating to have that issue since the machine seems great beside those issues, but wheels are fundamental, so this is a blocking issues for me unfortunately)

Same thing here: when moving the pitch wheel up, it pitches the sound down in its first half and only then it pitches the sound up. I managed to borrow a laptop PC to do the calibration, which fixed it, BUT…when I power cycle the MB, the problem is back again. Where should I look? Should I just take it back to the store?

lee.picciotto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 10:03:17 am »
Having the same issue as the op as are 2 of my friends.glad this thread is here.

mediaklaus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 10:24:12 pm »
hi,

recieved my MicroBrute yesterday- great synth but same issue with the pitch wheel at my machine:

pitch down: everything is fine
pitch up: with the up-moving of the wheel the pitch of the synth goes first down(!), then goes up to the high value (which is defined in the connection software). The same using the MB as a midi-controller. CC pitch-wheel data middle position: 63. When movin the wheel up the cc-value is changing suddenly from 63 to 4 then to 5, 6, 7, and finally suddenly from 7 to 127.

regards,
Klaus

fanu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 10:55:06 pm »
It'd be great if the people of Arturia accessed this thread. I bet there will be more people with the same problem coming here.
I know I COULD take the unit to the store (thanks to warranty) but an official reply wouldn't hurt. Calibration works here, but only until it's powered off and back on again.

nitrofresh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 05:34:02 am »
Just got my Microbrute too.
Mine has the same problem with a pitch wheel going up.
Please let me know what to do to fix this issue. Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines