March 29, 2024, 12:30:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Converting Jupiter 8 .j8e presets to .jupx without Jup-8 V2  (Read 8814 times)

ToniBaloni2

Converting Jupiter 8 .j8e presets to .jupx without Jup-8 V2
« on: March 01, 2019, 08:32:03 am »
Hi,

I have Jupiter 8 V3 and it will not import any of the .j8e files I downloaded from the internet. Apparently I need to convert them, but the converter VC4 preset updater won't find any files. I have tried putting them in my Jup-8 V3 user presets folder and then having the converter search, but it still finds nothing. I also tried creating a Jupiter-8 V2/user preset file and putting them in there but the converter still isn't finding anything. I am using a Mac.

I have 3 questions.
1. Can I convert the .j8e files without having a copy of Jup-8 V2 installed? If so, how can I accomplish this?
2. Is the problem because I am using VC4 converter and not the VC5 converter? I tried to use that converter but it crashes on startup. (I'm not sure, but believe it is crashing because my OS X version is still Yosemite (I'd like to not update OS X if possible)).
3. Does anyone know any good websites where we can download .jupx files? I could only find .j8e files and even at that I couldn't find many... btw if anyone is interested I did find a free .jupx pack from Krezie Journeys but that's it.

I've searched hi and low for the answers to no avail. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 08:34:23 am by ToniBaloni2 »

LBH

Re: Converting Jupiter 8 .j8e presets to .jupx without Jup-8 V2
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 04:48:30 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

As far as i know, then you need to own the old applications to be able to use the preset converter yourself. Is'nt that in the informations for using the the converter or preset updater as it actually is named?
Keep in mind that most of Arturias old presets allready are converted for the new JUP-8.

There are some sites with commerciel (free) presets like this:
Arturias own soundsets - some are for free also for JUP-8: https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/sounds
The JUP-8 soundpack Dark Ambient are free and also the free Starcadian’s Signature that have some JUP-8 presets.

http://mcrow.net/product/analog-sound-collection-for-arturia-synths/
mcrow have some free examples here: http://mcrow.net/free-downloads/

https://vintagesynthpads.com/ocart/

I believe all the above are for the new JUP-8 V3, but check it to be sure.

You might be able to find other presets for JUP-8 V3 on the web.

ToniBaloni2

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 11:47:03 pm »
Thank you so much for the good information. I could confirm that they are .jupx. The other sets like the Musicrow are .j8e files and I still can't find a way to update them. I had already gotten the free ones from the Arturia website. They are .jupx and work fine.

I am hoping to find a way to update the .j8e presets to .jupx without owning the previous versions of jup-8. It doesn't seem fair that if you only buy the new version of the plugin you don't have access to the presets of the previous version. Thanks again for your help. I am surprised there seems to be no way to update the presets without owning the older version of Arturia Jup-8.

So it seems that the only way to update them is to have the older version of the Arturia jup-8?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 01:45:59 am »
Your welcome.

The free mcrow presets is delievered for both the old and the new Arturia applications formats. So i guess they all are. Have you downloaded from mcrows own site?

Arturia had to change the preset system to the new powerful preset browser system when V-Collection 5 arrived.
Those who have delivered for the old applications can deliever for the new, if they wan't to.

robussc

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 07:44:46 pm »
I've just recently bought this collection and I'm also having trouble with importing the Jup-8V bank. All the other banks for the other synths (CS-80V etc) have imported fine.

The Jup-8V says the import completed successfully but no bank is added as happens with the other synths. I was thinking it was needing the preset updater which seems no longer available?

Thanks!

Hmm - just noticed I ended up in the legacy forum. I'll repost in the Jup-8V forum!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 07:46:21 pm by robussc »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines