March 28, 2024, 10:05:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE and Mixcraft 6  (Read 4982 times)

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SparkLE and Mixcraft 6
« on: November 18, 2013, 04:24:27 am »
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get SparkLE to work inside Mixcraft 6 (DAW) and I am encountering a bunch of issues. I am running SparkLE version 1.7.2 (beta) on the recommendation of the "support" team and Mixcraft 6.1. My operating system is Windows 7 SP1 fully updated. I have 8 gigs of RAM i7 quad core processor and the PC is optimixed for music production. I also have an NVidia on board sound card.

I have installed SparkLE and pointed mixcraft to the VSTplugins folder in program files(x86). Mixcraft recognises the VST.

So this is what happens...

I connect SparKLE and open Mixcraft. I add a virtual instrument track and select Sparke. I then select edit (to change voices) and this is where the trouble begins. The SparkLE software opens up and I get a warning message telling me to turn off "Spark Private In" and "Spark Private Out". If I close the warning box I get a "connection failed" message. I have no idea what this means or how to do this in Mixcraft 6.

The weird thing is that if I hit the Pads on the SparkLE hardware I can hear the sounds but I have to change the software to change voices or any other setting for that matter and I can't use the controller. I want to be able to record me sequencing the drums 'live' if you know what I mean. Another weird thing is that when I try to record the vst SparkLE track it will begin playback of the last pattern loaded on the controller as well as the sounds I play. Keep in mind, I am hitting record on the Mixcracft transport controls NOT SparkLE.

I have tried oved and over to get support from Arturia and have had either non-sensical replays or been outright ignored. Whilst I have given up on getting any help from Arturia I was hoping someone on the forums could help.

Cheers
Tim

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: SparkLE and Mixcraft 6
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:35:01 am »
Hi Tim,
In order to make Spark software work with SparkLe controller, you have to make sure your DAW (in your case Mixcraft) is not using SparkLE MIDI port.
That's what we call private port. I do not know how to disable midi port in Mixcraft but I will try to figure out how to.

To disable Spark internal sequencer, you have to click on the Host button in Spark toolbar.

To record into your DAW, you have to record from Spark plugin, not from the controller (see section 7.6.1 in Spark user's manual). Again we will download and install Mixcraft and try to figure out how to do that in your DAW.
More information soon.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:45:13 am »
Thanks for trying to help.

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:27:09 am »
Hi Tim,
I have bad news.
It seems that it is not possible to disable midi port in Mixcraft. So there is no way to make Spark and SparkLE connect together.
There is also no way to create a MIDI track and choose it's input so realtime recording wont be possible.

I will contact Acoustica to discuss this with them but I am not very confident about the fact that it will be possible to make it work :(

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:37:39 pm »
Thanks, that is extremely disappointing. What DAW would you recommend with SPARKLE? I already have Tracktion 4 but I'm not really a fan?

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 05:33:37 am »
OK so I need to buy a new DAW as replacing Mixcraft is cheaper than replacing Arturia Minilabs and SparkLE.

I can't afford a fully fledged version of the major daws e.g. Pro Tools 11. As a result I have narrowed the list down to one of the following, however I am open to suggestions.

- Cakewalk SONAR X3 (Studio Edition)
- Cubase Artist 7

My question is simple.

Will Minilabs/Analog lab and SparkLE work with properly these DAWs?

Regards
Tim

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 09:01:43 am »
Personally, I would go for Ableton Live 9.
I do not recommend Cubase Artist because it seems to have some weird behavior with plugins.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 09:45:21 am »
Hi Kevin

Thanks for that. I'll see if there is a free version I can try. Cheers for your help. I have had issues with Arturia support and you have gone some way to saving their reputation to me - whatever that counts for.

Cheers
Tim

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines