March 29, 2024, 03:08:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 1.0.5 VST PlugIn constantly crashing in Live 9 on fast preset change  (Read 6608 times)

djdeveloper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi all,

I'm experiencing Issues with Analog Lab VST in Ableton Live 9.
Whenever i'm rapidly switching presets (no matter whether I use the mouse or the encoder of the Keylab 49), Ableton Live crashes.
To me it seems as if it crashes if the patch loading process of the current preset hasn't been completely finished when I switch to the next one.

Any suggestions?

My System:

Win 7 64
Live 9.1 64
Analog Lab 1.0.5
Latest Keylab Firmware

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi djdeveloper,

Honestly...I'd say just slow down a little. This isn't the only software I've heard of/seen crashing from going thru the presets too quickly (see: anything from Native Instruments), and I could imagine it being hard to control the stability of presets that are getting shuffled around half-loaded. Even some of Ableton Live's native processors and instruments will bug out if you go double-clicking presets too fast.

This is if you're loading presets (via the encoder, let's say) and not just scrolling down them, right? If just scrolling is causing a crash, that's a major issue. But if it's just from trying to load them too fast, I wouldn't even call it a bug so much as a thing to be wary of in software plugin environments.

djdeveloper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
 :o
Are you serious? This should be the advice?

No other software I use, e.g. Ableton Live 9 Suite and it's standard presets/instruments, NI Komplete 8, miniMg V original, A.I.R. Music Tech Loom/Vacuum Pro crashes when i rapidly change the factory presets. All of them are running fine. Not a single crash.

I'm a software developer myself and I'm with you when it comes to forgiving slight issues. I wouldn't mind if the software would occasionally work incorrect under such conditions, but a crash (especially when it even leads to the host crashing) is DEFINITELY A BUG. Crashing the host is the worst thing that can happen from using a plugin. It doesn't matter in this case whether the preset change command is triggered by scrolling with the mouse or by a controller such as the Keylab.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Analog Lab 1.1 will remove this bug.  ;D
.......testing.......

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
djdeveloper, calm down. It's not THE advice, it's MY advice. Advice is going to be based on experience, obviously. And in my experience, you're a lucky duck if you're able to use all of Komplete 8 without any problems. You're among the few.

But frankly, if you already had it in your head that this is a software bug, I'm not sure what advice you'd be looking for anyway; it sounds like you've got a bug you wanted to report.

Now...to compare our systems: I'm using Win7 64-bit, Live 9.05 (guess I'll update sometime) 32-bit. I'd read one too many posts about 64-bit Live's incompatibility with 32-bit VSTs and I use several legacy ones frequently.

So apparently it's an issue with the 64-bit Analog Lab VST? I'd say it could be a Live 64-bit bug, but it sounds like it's already been ID'd.

djdeveloper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab 1.1 will remove this bug.  ;D

Nice... Thank you very much for the info!

Areis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
This was not fixed in 1.1.

I have

Win7 64bit
Ableton 9.1.1 32bit
Analog Lab 1.1

VST crashes Ableton changing presets. I can browse presets about 1 minute, then it crashes.

Mike

MAMBISA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sorry to hear that, Mike. I have a more fundamental question. When I installed and downloaded Analog Lab, should it have automatically put the VST in my Plug-Ins folder on my Mac? If not, where do I download the files so I can try using Analog Lab as a VST in Ableton 9? I've scoured the forums and Arturia website... can't find it.

Thanks so much!
Jess

Areis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Jess,

I am not using a Mac as you can see but on windows the file is called Analog Lab.dll, would Mac be Analog Lab.au?

I would try searching your hard drive for that file name like Analog Lab.* <- with the wild card if you don't know the extension.

On a side note, I haven't tried it again but I think it had to do with the Jupiter 8 presets crashing Ableton, not sure though.

Mike

C-Jay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
hi Areis,

i have the same problem. arturia were super in their help by email, but after more than a year, we all just gave up.
im quite experienced, and im gutted this is just not working.. deleting preferences in cubase, in arturia folders, re-installing, new versions, updating, trying to re-install cubase etc. etc. etc.   after a year, nothing...
and the funny thing: i bought the v-collection as well, and they all work perfectly. except VDM and Analog Lab..    lab i bought seperately by the way.

strange ey? lab crashes after a few seconds, or just after changing presets while playing cubase.
and VDM just crashes cubase immediately, while all other arturia synths work fine.

just wondering if you ever found a solution?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines