March 19, 2024, 03:35:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton Midi User Scripts for the Keylabs  (Read 13754 times)

xperimental

Ableton Midi User Scripts for the Keylabs
« on: November 27, 2013, 11:57:29 am »
Hi all,

I own a brand new Keylab 49. I am trying and have been trying to find a way to map it to Ableton in order to avoid having to map midi in every project every scene and every track..
This is simply not an option in the studio!
I have found the user midi script for the Microlab and tried to modify it for the Keylab 49 with no success. The pads seem to work indifferent of the mapping but other than that nothing maps.
Next I tried to modify the Python script files seeing how some of the pots and faders map if you select for example the script for the Oxygen49.
I modified the Oxygen script and created a Keylab 49 script. I had hi hopes on this working as I only had to modify the midi notes for the pots and faders. To my disappointment Ableton did not compile the .PY files to .PYC files.
My programming skills are limited and its the first time I am seeing Python script.
I could do with some help or options to the problem of the Ableton Keylab mapping.

It would be disappointing to only have the Keylab as a keyboard and revert to using by old Remote zero SL for everything else.

Regards,

herbasorus

Re: Ableton Midi User Scripts for the Keylabs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:16:27 am »
 i just bought a keylab 61, and i noticed it doesn't appear under controller surface on ableton as well-

i went back to guitar center and verified that it does indeed show up as Keylab 49-61 so i was wondering maybe they have a custom script that's not available to us consumers, i'm going to attempt to put the python script on a usb drive and take it home with me..-- stilll upsetting that arturia doesn't provide one for us, how hard is it for them to make one?

herbasorus

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:27:21 am »
you can even see that the minilab support manuel has a reference to the "artura keylab 49-61" script
http://www.arturia.com/downloads/minilab/technotes/MiniLab-Ableton.pdf

can someone please point us in the direction of this script?

xperimental

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:05:02 am »
I have received a reply from support. They say there is no such thing as a script for Keylab. And modifying the User Script from the minilab for the Keylab does not work.
I was pointed to a link. Here is the reply.

"Hi,

There is no such script for keylab in Ableton.

However, please refer to the following page ==> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=185

Feel free to come back to me if still any problem or misunderstanding.
Yours cordially,

John"

I fail to see how that link helps me.

supergirl36

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 11:11:02 pm »
I'm surfing the internet today to see if the Keylab has an Ableton script like the Minilab, which is very useful. I love my Minilab. And i would've bought a Keylab if it had the script for the bigger keys. Guess i won't be buying it.

Lou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:25:33 am »
Hi all,

I own a brand new Keylab 49. I am trying and have been trying to find a way to map it to Ableton in order to avoid having to map midi in every project every scene and every track..
 pots and faders.
After you get through mapping out all of your instruments in tracks why don't you just save it as your default set. It will load every time you open ableton with all of your mappings from the plug?

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:53:28 am »
.......testing.......

flexibel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 08:11:18 pm »
donwloaded for keylab25 and do not find a remote script in the folder just "user configuration.txt" is that right, or are files missing?

installed anyways like described in the pdf but nothing works in ableton
(only normal keylab/analoglab midi messages are working)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:35:33 pm by flexibel »

Basil24

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 09:20:29 pm »
Does anyone got the Keylab 61 working with ableton?
Should the script show blue hand or retangle around the 8 tracks?

This script does not work for me.

Push emulation works, but the encoders don't work properly. Encoders send 00-50-100 to knobs so only three states.

battlemoose

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 09:56:03 pm »
I just bought a Keylab 88 and love it so far. Are there any plans to create these Ableton scripts for the Keylab 88?

Thanks,

Marcel

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines