September 23, 2014, 12:26:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 1.1  (Read 4754 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Analog Lab 1.1
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »
And now Beta 6  :o thanks to Koshdukai !
Nice bug !
The PitchBend one? Cool :) Yeah, that was an odd one, kinda easy to miss. Guess I was lucky ;D

aMUSEd

• Apprentice
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2014, 06:21:13 pm »
Plugin scan doesn't cause a crash or elicensor problem now - good. But the other bugs I reported on page one are still preset.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2014, 08:28:34 pm »
Opening the SEM V full GUI through AL1.1b6 works fine now, with no eLCC errors :)

...but, I'm still getting them with any Arturia 64bit VST, which didn't surprise me because eLCC is still V.6.6.6.2136

Is kickwizard the only one here running Analog Lab 1.1 on Windows 7 64bit with a 64bit DAW (Live 9) without these eLCC errors?
Are there other testers with Windows 7 and able to use AL1.1 betas with 64bit DAWs with no issues?

kickwizard does your Windows 7 user account have administration privileges or is it a non-admin "simple" user account?

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2014, 08:59:28 pm »
Its a single admin account UAC on default

Elicenser version 6.6.6.2137

Apart from the bugs I mentioned above its been running really well I only really use Cubase 32 bit for production but have live to test 64 bit for when everything moves over

Im going to upgrade to artist 7.5 but still uncertain to install 64 bit after reading about cache and register size when compared to 64 bit its double per instruction

Ive tried hitting the ram threshold but im limited with Cubase le to 8 instruments and I have had 8 labs running with internal and external effects and it wasn't really troubling it to much

I think its romplers and maybe more intensive effects than I possess  that require the move to 64 bit

So I can understand if not so many are using and testing 64 bit when its not required plus live 64 doesn't have a bridge like Cubase 64 does (I know it crashes)

Ableton don't recommend installing both 32-64 but they say you can just need to install to a different location

https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/64bit-myths-facts/

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2014, 09:41:18 pm »
Its a single admin account UAC on default
ah, that explains why you're unable to get those errors then :)

Yeah, I can get rid of them if I "Run as administrator..." but that's not how apps are supposed to work, more so because the previous eLCC version included in the installers worked fine with non-admin run 64bit VSTs just as it does now with 32bit VSTs :)

Thanks for replying kickwizard! :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:44:00 pm by Koshdukai »

sonicassault

• Apprentice
  • Check Alic @ www.psychedelic-techno.com
    • Alic
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »
Analog Lab is running fine here. No E-Licencer Problems at all. But I have no other Arturia instruments to test.. Kickwizard.. By the way.. Running Cubase 7.5 - 64 bit very very stable. Don't worry to change..
Arturia Analog Lab 1.1.0.beta - VST3
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit
Cubase 7.5.0 - 64bit
Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 @ 3,0 Ghz, 8 GB RAM
RME HDSP 9632
Roland DS-7 with JBL Sub10
Novation Remote 37 SL

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 12:07:40 am »
So i went though all the projects with lab being used and they all opened up ok they havent a great deal of automation in them so it was only really a basic test

I ventured further and started using lab to put a effect over a outboard project using more automation and it performed well

Sonic Good to here cubase is working well for you i was going upgrade sooner, but ive moved into the unstable realm of digital outboard synths so thats broke the bank and my head

Has anyone been able to replicate the patch issues i mentioned earlier ?

EDIT

When the royal pads patch is really loud you can change the sounds with the random and it stays loud so could be to do with the compressor and limiter combo

I made a exact copy and alternated between the two when loud and the sound stays the same doesn't go quiet

Also this maybe my lack of knowledge but the makeup on the compressor does not function how all other compressors i have used

Its loud  fully anti clockwise and then decreases until the middle then gains again 

Also unless i have done something to it MH_Spacebent multi  is an empty preset

EDIT
I opened up 2 instances of lab in cubase and selected the same royal pad multi preset

selected the presets until one was loud and one was normal (took 20 secs selecting and deselecting the patch)

Then put identical midi note in the tracks and pressed play

http://youtu.be/232xr-edDp0

Top is 2.3 bottom is 5.7

EDIT

I now believe that the effects make no difference as the differnce in gain applys to sounds not just multis

Okay this is a nasty experiment but bear with me

I took the sound preset called 909 like put a 4 to the floor beat into a pattern and duplicated it 8 times

So i had lab running the exact same patch same pattern same settings 8 times

So i saved the project and reopened it

So in theory the individual outputs should be the same

And they where but all distorted and well over 0

I changed preset on the first lab to rev 909  and changed back to 909 like

The meter dropped just below zero where it should be on that channel

The other 7 where just the same when i did the same thing

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:51:13 pm by kickwizard »

sonicassault

• Apprentice
  • Check Alic @ www.psychedelic-techno.com
    • Alic
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 07:25:29 pm »
Very strange kickwizard! I discovered if Volume Levels of Analog Lab are too loud the whole track is in danger to get distorted and to get sounding strange. So in real practice most time I lower the volumes inside Analog Lab and use external compression. Thomas, is there anything like built-in auto-compression (auto-makup) inside Analog Lab?

Best, Sonic
Arturia Analog Lab 1.1.0.beta - VST3
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit
Cubase 7.5.0 - 64bit
Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 @ 3,0 Ghz, 8 GB RAM
RME HDSP 9632
Roland DS-7 with JBL Sub10
Novation Remote 37 SL

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 08:09:03 pm »
I tried it in ableton live 64 bit and get the same bug

How i have explained it is a bit muddled im glad you understand the issue that there is exactly the same preset with different output levels

Without that bug, i found the levels better if you make a multi with a sound and adjust the master on that,rather than turning the level down on the sound, problem with that is once you save it with only one sound it puts a copy in the second slot and you have turn the volume down on that to mute it

I suppose I should try using the built in limiter and see how that works

I don't use external compression until the last chain on the channel

This is all kind of new to me as I only just started getting into production more seriously recently after a long break I should really read more  about limiters and compression
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:39:56 am by kickwizard »

George Ware

• Apprentice
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 04:18:46 am »
Koshdukai :
Georges :
- No change had been made on this point. Double check that your keylab is selected in the drop box in Analog Lab.
Try to boot your keylab holding octave down and up.

Thanks a lot for your feedback !!  ;)
Hi my Keylab-61 is on the latest firmware v1.33
It's working fine on beta6
So far everything seems fine in StudioOne 32 & 64bit on Win 7 Pro 64bit

George Ware

Thomas@Arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:20 am »
Hi All !

@sonicassault, no internal compressor, just the compressorone available in multi
@kickwizard, we could reproduce the bug you reported: it seems that the effect B (compressor) does not start sometimes.
When loading Royal Pads with the level high, you can hear the sound changing when switching on and off the compressor.
When loading Royal Pads with the level low (which is not normal), you cannot hear any difference when switching off the compressor.

I will investigate further...

Thanks to all
Thomas

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:16 pm »
And here is a Beta 7 !
.......testing.......

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2014, 01:16:48 pm »
A new beta for windows user beta 8.
This one only fixed the installation of the AAX Wrapper on windows.
.......testing.......

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2014, 02:10:27 pm »
A new beta for windows user beta 8.
This one only fixed the installation of the AAX Wrapper on windows.
wrong link, I think. It's currently pointing to MIDI_Control_Center_1_0_1_Installer

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2014, 03:00:28 pm »
thanks kosh !!
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines