July 24, 2014, 07:49:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 1.1  (Read 3874 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Analog Lab 1.1
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2014, 11:43:56 pm »
thanks kosh !!
U're welcome  :)

Ok, tried Beta 8 and finally was able to check the PitchBend-related fix and now there's an issue on (apparently) all instruments when reaching Max PitchBend (+100%), it's jumps to -100%, resuming from +100% (+99.9%?) down to 0% when returning the pitchbend to neutral/middle position.

Tried this with various Sound and Multi presets and all had this behavior.

(Running the VST 32bit under Live 8.4.1)

btw, I have a suggestion which I think I've mentioned a few times during 1.0.x betas: The Preset list should be presented sorted by Rating at least by default after install.
This would allow you to control the (1st) User experience when trying Analog Lab for the 1st time.

I'm saying this because the 1st presets, sorted by Name, aren't really highly representative of the playability of Arturia synths. Arturia should carefully select a few, maybe the top20 presets on both Sound and Multi and use the Rating as the way to influence that 1st user experience through sorting by Rating.

Just my humble opinion on this aspect of AL :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:49:21 pm by Koshdukai »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2014, 12:15:18 am »
to check the PitchBend-related fix and now there's an issue on (apparently) all instruments when reaching Max PitchBend (+100%), it's jumps to -100%, resuming from +100% (+99.9%?) down to 0% when returning the pitchbend to neutral/middle position.
Same issue with the Mod Wheel even though, by its nature, not noticeable on many presets.

For instance, Multi: 8th Place Glory or harder to check on Multi: Carousel unless you split it, then you'll notice it on the SEM V preset part

Sound: 1601 Bass (odd name for that sound, btw) or Sound: Bass Suburban will easily demo the issue with Mod Wheel too.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2014, 03:22:30 am »
1) The Search knob isn't working properly under Live 8.4.1 (but works fine with AL's Standalone), meaning, rotating right (B0 70 01 hex MIDI) it'll only go to CS-80 V in the Data Filters section. Rotating it left (B0 70 41) will go back to ARP2600 V.
Could Live be doing some MIDI filtering, like ignoring repeated (MIDI) byte sequences?
Just tried also with Analog Laboratory and Analog Factory in Live and it suffers from the same issue (which I was convinced was working, at least at some point in time)

2) When in Multi:Multi, Search (i.e. Filtering) isn't supported (unless I'm missing something), even though it would still be useful to filter by Genre at least.

3) When Multi:Sound, Data Filters would definitely be as useful as in Sound mode.

4) Factory's Snapshot Save buttons (when Shift is ON) are now free for... what? :)

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2014, 09:25:50 am »
Thanx again Kosh.
  • We are working on the pitch and mod wheel bug. It should be fixed soon.
  • I didn't reproduce your data filter searching problem with Live 8.4.1

I'll let Thomas answer your question about your points  2 & 3
.......testing.......

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:07 pm »
I didn't reproduce your data filter searching problem with Live 8.4.1
Thomas already confirmed my theory about Live's "optimizing" the MIDI stream, omitting repeated MIDI segments like the ones the Search Knob is sending.

So, if there's no firmware update planned for the older controllers (like my Factory) using this type of relative inc/dec format (+1/-1 instead of +n/-n deltas), I'm "stuck" with using a workaround to get this one to work with Live. Ah well... could be worse :)

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:23:36 pm by Koshdukai »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2014, 01:47:41 am »
workaround to get this one to work with Live
Done. It's working now with a little help of MIDI-OX's Data Mapping :)

aMUSEd

• Apprentice
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2014, 05:29:33 pm »
Is the window z position bug ever going to get fixed?

Thomas@Arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2014, 11:32:56 am »
@aMUSEd
Unfortunately, it will not be fixed in the 1.1.

Best

vintageprofi

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:03 am »
do you have a timeframe for eliminating the pro tools 11 crash on quit?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines