April 25, 2024, 11:48:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Necessary hardware to make the Minilab work  (Read 6872 times)

DenisMo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Necessary hardware to make the Minilab work
« on: December 05, 2013, 09:34:50 am »
I ordered the Minilab, and have a few questions in advance.

Will it work with a 3G Iphone? If not, what is the minimum? And will it work by itself -just plugging a headphone in, or do I need a laptop, Iphone or Ipad?

Thanks.

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Necessary hardware to make the Minilab work
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 06:01:13 pm »
Hi Denismo,

Do not even bother hooking it up to any device other than your computer and even the is is dificult to setup and or work. I tried to hook it up to a Android tabet using Caustic 2(sequencer)  and did not work, I tried another keyboard(M-Audio) and it work without a probem.

edpdx
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

Goon

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »
I wouldnt even bother buying it.. Arturia dont & wont support their product....

vaikl

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:41:27 pm »
To all the grumblers here: my Minilab works perfectly together with an iPad Mini, even gettin' the necessary power from it over the lightning connector. Best mobile jammin' solution ever!

DenisMo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 04:53:19 am »
Arturia told me Minilab is not compatible with Iphones. Do you use only your Iphone or do you use it WITH a computer?

hi,

no, you cannot plug your headphones into the minilab - it is a master keyboard, not a sound module, it cannot produce any sounds.

an iOS device is a good option for producing sounds. your iphone 3G, though, will most likely not work as it is too outdated in terms of processing speed and resulting software capabilities. sorry!

i use the minilab with an iphone 5S and an ipad mini retina. both work fine using the apple lightning USB adapter. no additional power necessary, minilab is powered by the iOS devices - very handy when on the go. controlling various synth parameters in realtime via knobs (MIDI CC) works fine, too.

good luck

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines