April 19, 2024, 10:31:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2 questions...  (Read 2793 times)

Lars

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
2 questions...
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:00:39 am »
i love my microbrute
but i need mor informations for these points - maybe someone can tell and help me (gerne in deutsch  ) - the documentation i dont understand so far:

1 - oscillators
when i turned saw to 100% and turned square also to 100% - what sound is playing? is there a difference (filter?) when i move a knob over 12 o´clock position?

2 - i dont understand the ENV Amts Knobs in Filter and Envelope Section. I hear what they are doing, but dont understand it

thank you

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: 2 questions...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 10:55:53 am »
1 - oscillators
when i turned saw to 100% and turned square also to 100% - what sound is playing? is there a difference (filter?) when i move a knob over 12 o´clock position?
at 100% you ear the sum of a full range square plus a full range saw. But in MicroBrute square and saw are phase inverted, so if you set the same amount on both, the sum will give you a 1 octave higher saw. at 50% both, you will(almost) not overdrive the filter, at 100% both, the filter will be pretty overdriven.

2 - i dont understand the ENV Amts Knobs in Filter and Envelope Section. I hear what they are doing, but dont understand it
Filter Env amount sets the amount of envelope modulation applied to the filter. it's bipolar knob, that means no modulation position will be at 12 o'clock, turn clockwise it's positive modulation, counter clockwise it's negative modulation (envelope is inverted).
The Env knob, sets the amount of envelope on the destination you set with the matrix(routed by default on metalizer if no cable used). this one it only positive, so no modulation at min, and full positive modulation at max.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Lars

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 12:58:51 pm »
ok thx.

so when i turn up ENV Amt Envelope and move the ENV Amt Filter Knob i have both Effects? - Filter Enveope AND Metalizer with no patching?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:42:52 pm »
right
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines