April 20, 2024, 06:09:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: deleted sample causes problems  (Read 1441 times)

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
deleted sample causes problems
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:12:08 pm »
hi everybody,
i deleted some sounds from my private sample library. unfortunately i didn't check if there are some sounds used in projects.
now i have a problem. of course i had some sounds used in a spark project  ::)

now when i open this project, there are so many failure messages because spark can't find the samples. (4 pads with each 6 layers!) so there are 24 messages that the samples were not found. sometimes it crashes after these messages showed up.

the rest of this project is not too bad and i would like to keep it. is there a way to delete a whole pad? so that it's empty again? than the error should be gone...

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: deleted sample causes problems
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:03:01 am »
After you have clicked on all this popups, you can load another instrument on the selected pad.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 10:39:16 am »
damn! sometimes I'm a litle bit stupid  ::)

i didn't even consider this! thank you kevin

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:51:32 pm »
that didn't help  ???
the error comes also when i open other projects, allthough i didn't use these samples in other projects.

allthough i set up a new instrument on the pads, the error message stil comes up. then i had another idea: when the error message comes up, you can search the samples on your computer. so i took a wav-file and named it the same, as the files that spark couldn't find and put it back in the project. but even that couldn't trick the software. it's still searching for those deleted samples.

i also tried to save the project under a new name, after i exchanged the samples with other original spark sounds. it stil keeps asking me for those samples i've deleted.

i exported the project now from my user-folder and the error message doesn't show up anymore. but that's stil kind of weird... and of course i would like to keep this project without error messages. any other ideas?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:00:37 am by Jay Bits »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 09:12:20 am »
hmm,
that's really weird.
Can you send me the project so I can check it?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines