April 19, 2024, 04:00:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MainStage3 with MiniLab — am i the only one here using ML with MS3?  (Read 3512 times)

CalebGrayson

Aloha!

i just got the MiniLab for Xmas and am developing a preset/template for MainStage3 which i'll share as soon as i'm finished.

i was wondering if anyone else is using it for MS3. anyone? 

one thing i think the preset may be very useful for is switching between MS Instruments. 

i use Ultrabeat for beats, but also PlayBack to play prerecorded loops and LoopBack for looping.
controlling all those channels can getting overwhelmingly complex.

i can use the MIDI channel select (Shift-MDI Channel key) to change the keyboard between different instrument channels by setting those channels to different MIDI channels while still controlling Ultrbeat by setting some Pads and Knobs to say Channel 10 which doesn't change when you change the keyboard channel.  I can also set other knobs/pads to control Playback and LoopBack, effects, etc., without setting them to a MIDI channel as MS3 has a lot of direct control of setting 'without using' MIDI.

however, what i'm realizing about the MiniLab is I can use the presets to switch knobs/pads between multiple Ultrabeats/PlayBacks/LoopBacks.    i can use a preset to control basic aspects of many PlayBacks say — the volume and start/stop — or use them to control all the aspects of one PlayBack and switch between PlayBacks with the presets.

one issue i'm having is i'd like to be able to set the Pads to Toggle(vs Gate) so that the light stays on telling me which UltraBeat sequence is playing.  when i do that, the Pad goes on, but doesn't go off when I select a different Pad. however, i have to hit the pad again to turn it off.  hitting it again doesn't trigger it again, just turns it off.  so, if i use two fingers — one on the lit pad and one on the new sequence pad — then the old sequence pad light goes off and the new one comes on.  however, this is requires a bit more skill on my part and limits me to a one-hand 6 pad spread as i can't quite reach the 7th pad while triggering the first.

looking forward to good community conversations on MiniLab and MS3!

—Caleb

GJO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MainStage3 with MiniLab — am i the only one here using ML with MS3?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:43:48 pm »
well,
I too use MainStage 3 and now I own a Minilab I'm gonna include it in my MainStage setup. So if you made the preset I would really like to try it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines