September 23, 2014, 04:23:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transfer License From One Computer To Another  (Read 2638 times)

giddy

• Apprentice
Re: Transfer License From One Computer To Another
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 03:57:32 am »
Hey all, so the Arturia team did get back to me overnight, once i transferred the licenses over to the dongle, i had to download the V-bundle software to my new computer from the Update section. thanks

syrupcore

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 11:54:27 am »
Bought the V-collection. Going to get a new MBP in the fall. I don't want to deal with a hardware dongle. If I'm understanding this thread and the KB info correctly, my options right now are:

• Wait until I get the new computer and use the soft licenser
  • Buy the dongle, authorize with the dongle on my current computer and then use the soft licenser when I get the new computer

Is the second option really an option? Or if I use a the hardware dongle at any point is it really hardware-dongle-for-life? A little confused here.

Obviously, I'd rather not spend more money but at least with the second scenario I could a) use my shiny new not-cheap purchase now and b) have a hardware backup in case of machine failure.

Thanks.

syrupcore

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 12:04:53 pm »
As an aside, I totally respect Arturia's need to protect your work and keep dinner on the table but I have to be honest: had I realized the hardware dongle scenario before purchasing I would have chosen to do without (and would have been sad!).

I don't mean that as some angry 'You're so lucky to have my business!' Internet narcissism gone wild thing at all, just feedback from my slice of earth. Arturia makes lovely things and i'm happy to pay to use themówe're lucky to have you! But, as an example, I moved away from Protools a few years ago and the iLok was a primary factor. I make and record music outside of the comforts and stability of my studio a lot. Sure, nobody really likes dongles but they are a smashingly poor solution from a mobile customer's point of view. Things get lost, things break, laptops have limited usb ports... In making music, I'd just prefer to not deal with them, or at least the way most are currently implemented.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines