March 28, 2024, 09:21:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to use spark as controller with ableton 9  (Read 8920 times)

sokiel

How to use spark as controller with ableton 9
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:24:33 pm »
Hi i've ever used the spark drum machina as a stand alone instrument, now i will use it like a controller with ableton.. i tryed to download the template but i've not understood how can i use it with the arturia midi control center, when i select a template with midi control center and i press a pad it plays a higher o lower midi note and it doesn't act like a controller...
someone can give me some tips or can explain to me what i have to do to use spark like a controller? thanksss

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: How to use spark as controller with ableton 9
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:14:58 pm »
Hi , think i can help .first did you down load the live template from the site. in the file you will see a live template and a spark smc file
put spark into midi mode .holding down the three buttons next to the fx pad.open the spark midi control centre in the menu open and find your smc file press ok then in action send to the spark controller. now double click on the live template and you will see that spark can control things in live ..ie the faders .you can custom these what ever you want to use them in live.

hope this helps

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

groams

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How to use spark as controller with ableton 9
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:21:07 pm »
Hi terrym,

I want to use Arturia Spark as a controller for Ableton live 9, but when I take the steps suggested by you (although I don't have "open" option in my file menu, I chose "import" instead of it), the Arturia MIDI Control Center won't let me load the smc file because it is greyed out, I cannot open it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
groams
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:28:29 pm by groams »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines