April 18, 2024, 07:05:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: VST/DXi severe crackling/dropouts when GUI is open  (Read 3874 times)

TagPass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
VST/DXi severe crackling/dropouts when GUI is open
« on: September 29, 2006, 04:59:22 am »
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon. All of a sudden, CS80v has begun cracking and popping like mad in SONAR 5 and now SONAR 6, so much so that it is completely unplayable. I have tried various latency settings, and all versions of DXi and VST (going back to 1.0!) My CPU is a P4 3.06GHz with 2GB RAM. Everything worked fine in SONAR 4.

I'm not playing large chords, just single notes. All patches are crackling, and many will overload the CPU, thereby clobbering SONAR's audio engine. Oddly, if I close or minimize the GUI, everything plays fine with no cracks or pops, which leads me to think something's gone awry with my display settings? Any thoughts? I can't recall making any specific changes (my displays are running at 1280x1024 32-bit color, just as they were when everything was fine).

In standalone mode, version 1.5 cracks and pops and spikes the CPU as well, but when I revert back to 1.0 the playback is (mostly) fine.

Any insight anyone can offer would be enormously appreciated!

TagPass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:46:57 pm »
Nevermind... I found the solution.

Turns out if I disable "32-bit Bus Mastering" from the Matrox PowerDesk utility, the problem goes away.

These forums don't tend to get much activity, do they?

omissis

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 10:34:47 am »
As for the CS80V, I am in the "waiting" mode, because there have been rumours for several changes on the new version but nobody knows what and when something will come out of the French Alps...... :(
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines