March 28, 2024, 05:08:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control Voltage specs ... MicroBrute  (Read 11970 times)

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Control Voltage specs ... MicroBrute
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:08:31 am »
I have found the thread in reference to the specs for CV on the MiniBrute ... are all the same for the MicroBrute?
I would like to expand patching to other gear, so further clarification of input and output tolerances would be very
much appreciated. I still have not seen references in the manuals. Thank you in advance !!

hzd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Control Voltage specs ... MicroBrute
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:42:35 pm »
Looks to me, that the bottom C (transpose -2) is not 0v.
Would be nice to have it there, as I can't get my eurorack OSC's down where I wan't them. (Doepfer DarkEnergy and Analogue Systems RS-95E)

Maybe someone can correct me.

cheers

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:04:36 pm »
My Question to Yves Usson via email:

"I was wondering if you might tell me if the CV specs for the Minibrute are the same for the Microbrute in terms of voltage min / max? I would like to interface them both with other CV components safely and efficiently. I could not find this information via manuals for either or on the Internet or Arturia forums."

His response:

"Hello
Yes they are the same and they can be safely connected to other CV external components.
Regards"

These are Yves Usson's responses from a Minibrute thread in regard to Minibrute CV tolerances which apply to the Microbrute also:

Ref: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12613.0

"CV input range is from -5 to 10V"
"Normal range is 0 to 10V"
"A negative voltage (limited to -5V) will not harm your MiniBrute"  --  "for example the VCO will run like a very slow LFO, or the filter in LP mode will mute all sounds"

Other interesting bits from Doepfer about DE Version I CV's:

"Hello,
the Dark Energy cannot be damaged if the control voltages are in
the -12V...+12V range. The VCO tracking will not be very good beyond 0...+5V
but nothing can be damaged.

Best regards
Dieter Doepfer"

I haven't gotten a response from Mg yet about their modern table tops and CV, but I'll post any info I get when I do.

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 08:48:16 am »
Stellar fun with the Arturia Mini +  Micro Brute /  CV and the Koma Kommander: http://koma-elektronik.com/?product=kommander

Koma does CV 0 / +8 volts ... and has some fine attenuation accessible via the bottom panel and a small jewellers screw driver ...

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 02:09:25 am »
Wow, such a great tool !! The Koma Kommander and the Brutes are a perfect match.

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 02:15:52 am »
Incidentally, I bought a second Kommander from http://controlvoltage.net for 79 USD

They also carry the Hosa 3.5 mm cables that will actually fit in the sockets of the Kommander due to spacing between jacks. Don't not get some. They are handy.

2 Kommander are better than one right? Great interface.

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 05:47:51 am »
Staring to work on patches with the CP-251 and Brutes .. any patch theories would be welcome :>)

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 04:17:50 am »
Mgs are a little delicate I guess:

"Yes 12V is too hot for all CV applications on Mg gear...accidentally doing it will not hurt it(probably) as all Mgs have diode protection, but continued use of those voltages will eventually pop the protection diodes.

Here are the Mg Standards:

Gate: 0 - 5V S-Trigger (means gate opens at +5VDC)
Other CV's accept -5 -> +5VDC

Thanks,
ANDY HUGHES
SERVICE DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Mg MUSIC INC."

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 04:01:15 am »
I picked up another Mg CP-251 the other day. 2 is definitely better than one. Mixing the Arturias via the "attenuator" bays is pretty cool ... also sending CV to the Arturias is also Kosher and fun.

devilsclub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 11:05:28 pm »
I received a "Reon Drift Box R" a couple days ago. The Reon Gate Input (0-5+ volts) and CV Inputs x 2 (0-10+ volts) with 1v per octave pitch control. The CV Out (neg 11.5 - neg 0 volts) I tried both the Gate and CV's for the Micro an Mini Brutes with some luck, but they are not really compatible with the Reon. Perhaps the Reon is just not very stable CV wise. I'm still experimenting, but I doubt I will mix the 3 together based on my results so far. The shifts in voltage seemed pretty shaky and the playability was not very good.

I have had some fun mixing voltages going into the Microbrute from both of the Mg CP-251's though. The Microbrute is fun to play with these little external CV Mixers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines