March 29, 2024, 10:24:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MMV & Hubi's Loopback Device  (Read 3114 times)

doctec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.doctechnical.com
MMV & Hubi's Loopback Device
« on: October 20, 2003, 12:24:36 am »
Does anyone have any experience using the standalone version of MMV (version 1.1) on a Windows-based system (Win98) using a standalone MIDI sequencer (Voyetra's Digital Orchestrator Pro) in conjunction with Hubi's Loopback Device (a freeware internal MIDI routing control driver) such that: in the sequencer's MIDI routing dialog box, the MIDI in of the soundcard (a Creamware Luna II) is routed into the sequencer and the MIDI output of the sequencer is routed to LoopBack Port 1 (LB1), and an instance of MMV is up and running and set to receive input from LoopBack Port 1?

I am able to do with with the Native Instruments Pro-52, but not with the MMV.

From the behavior I'm seeing, it's as if the MMV isn't letting go of my soundcard's MIDI input as its control device even though I change the MMV's MIDI input source via the MMV "Midi In" dropdown.

Interestingly, if I turn off the MIDI input source in the sequencer program and load a one-track sequencer file, and that one track is routed to sequencer port 1, and sequencer port 1 is sent to LoopBack Port 1 (LB1), and the MMV is set to receive on LB1, the sequencer track will play the MMV just fine.  The problem seems to be centered around getting the MMV to respond directly to my keyboard when I want to route the soundcard's MIDI input to the MMV via the sequencer program, and as I say, this kind of MIDI routing works just fine when I use Digital Orchestrator Pro in conjunction with the Pro-52 softsynth.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines