March 28, 2024, 04:10:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB connection problem between my Origin Keyboard and pc with windows 8.1 64-bit  (Read 8934 times)

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello.
I have a problem with the USB connection between my PC and Origin Keyboard with Windows 8.1 64-bit.
The Origin continuously connects and thereby disconnecting from the PC and the program "Origin connection" can not communicate with Origin.
I set the Origin with these parameters:
  - Global Synchro = Intern
  - Keyboar Mode = Local On
  - Program Mode Channel e Master Control Channel = 1
  - Receive Control Change – Send Control Change e Recive Program Change = ON
  - Midi In to USB Out = ON
  - USB In to MIDI Out = ON
  - MIDI In to MIDI Out = OFF

Can you help me?
Thanks
Roberto

Philippe

Hi Roberto,

Do you have an external equipment connected to the MIDI IN of your Origin? If yes retry Origin Connection after having disconnected this equipment. Alternatively you could set the setting  "Midi In to USB Out" to OFF.

Also check the length of your USB cable. It's better to use a high quality short cable (around 1.5 meter). Try different USB slots.

Finally, if you have the possibility to use another computer, e.g. a Mac or a PC running Windows7, give it a try.
Origin Lead  Developer

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Philippe
The keyboard is not connected to any external MIDI device.
My USB cable is good and is 1 meter long. I've tried all the slots as possible, including a USB 3.
I also connected with three different computers with Windows 7 both 32 bit and 64 bit. I do not have a chance to try a Mac
Nothing to do. The driver Origin is working properly but the program "Origin Connection" does not interface with the headboard.

I'll give you two questions:
    1.   What is the correct procedure to connect the computer to Origin? I turn on the PC, turn on the Origin, then when you are ready to connect the USB cable, and finally launch the program "Origin Connection". I also tried to do things differently, but always with the same result.
    2.   Here is something special to be set on Origin?

Thanks for your help
Roberto

Philippe

Your procedure to connect your PC and the Origin is correct.

How - or when - did this connection problem appeared? Was it without any reason? Was it after an update?

What is the version of your firmware and the version of Origin Connection?

Maybe the Origin Connection logs could help me to figure out what's going on there. If you have the latest version of OC you should read in the menu "File" an entry named "Open the Logs folder". Click on it. This will open a browser window where you should find at least 2 items:
- a file with a name looking like the following: "2014_2_14_17h12.log"
- a folder named "log_archives"

Select *both* the file *and* the folder and compress them in a zip file. Once you have this zip file, send it to me.
Origin Lead  Developer

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Philippe,

I bought the Origin by a private (professional musician of great international level), who has used it until last month in his concerts. He He connected directly to a Mac and everything worked.
The firmware release is 1.3.23; I use Origin Connection version 1.4.1.

Only a few times Origi Connection program has allowed me to start a back-up, but Origin has disconnected and since then I'm not able to connect to the computer anymore.

I do not have the OC program. Where can I find it?
thanks
Roberto

Philippe

Ha, sorry, OC is the short name of Origin Connection  ;)
Origin Lead  Developer

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Philippe

I send you the log files in zip format.
Thanks for the help
Roberto

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Philippe

I am sending you another log file, in which case the Origin was connected to a PC (Windows 7 64bit) and started back up but then froze everything.
Thanks for the help
Roberto

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Philippe,

Did you get my email with attached log file?

Thanks.
Roberto

Philippe

Hi Roby,

Yes I received the logs. Unfortunately it may be a hardware problem in your case (something broken around the USB controller). You should open a case with the support. I've already told about your bug to our support guy, David.

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thanks Philippe and David.
Bad news.  :'( I hope something can be done to fix my Origin.
Let me know something as soon as possible.
Roberto

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Philippe,

One question:
To connect the software "Origin Connection" to the PC I can use the MIDI input/output of the keyboard instead of USB?

Tank's
Roberto

Philippe

No, Origin Connection recognises the USB Origin midi device. If you connect to Origin thru the serial midi it will be using a midi interface that will be located between the PC and Origin, and therefore it will hide the Origin to Origin Connection. However, as far as Origin is concerned, it does not matter wether the MIDI is flowing thru a USB link or a serial link. So this is an evolution of OC that I might code someday, but not in the short term.
Origin Lead  Developer

RobyTroisi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
OK,
Last question:
the Reset control of the SYSTEM return all settings to factory
settings, but also clears all presets that i created? :'(
Tank's

Philippe

Hmmm, it should definitely NOT do this, and I've never heard of such a behaviour until now. Are you sure that your preset have been deleted?
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines