July 24, 2014, 12:43:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2.0 Beta versions  (Read 1975 times)

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Re: Spark 2.0 Beta versions
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 08:09:36 pm »
I don't mind waiting if it means all the midi timing issues are fixed and it can be synced properly with a DAW.  That is the main problem with SparkleLE.  I used it on 2 remixes are nearly went mad over it.  The writing of automation with the Loop/divide needs to be reliable and solid.
Apple Mac Pro 2.66 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 5GB RAM
2 OS drives: Snow Leopard 10.6.8/Lion 10.7.5 Ableton Live 9.1.2
M-Audio Radium 61/Novation Remote Zero SL/AlphaTrack controllers
Automap 3.7.4
V collection, SparkLE 2.0

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 09:24:13 am »
Hi guys,
the public beta should be available by the end of the week.

Official release date is planned for the end of the month.
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 11:00:26 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Looking forward to that! I know it is highly unlikely but I wondered if the custom models will be compatible with earlier versions, ie; have they always been saved in the presets or will there be a new format for saving them? Not that it matters very much but I'm just curious.

thanks
Andy

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 09:24:18 am »
Hi Andy,
what do you mean exactly by custom models?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Lisapower1

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:22 am »
I think, he means the older version, like SparkLE, Spark etc..

cheers

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 03:17:39 pm »
Oh sorry for the confusion, I meant as in the custom modular drum sounds using the v2 Modular system to model sounds. I'm just curious to know how they will be saved and if the existing ones such as 909 BD for example is actually stored in the preset or is it just a reference/ID to something that exists invisibly (in the current Spark versions).

At the moment I still haven't quite got my head around how the sounds/models are stored, it seems that all sounds are stored via a saved project and that is the only way? So currently if I use a series of samples for an instrument and then use that instrument in a new project all the samples are copied each time to the new project folder. I'm sort of hoping that at some point there will also be instrument and Kit saving ability so that instruments can be re-used and just referenced from Kits/Projects instead. The current method ends up with many duplicated Instruments in the library even when they are identical. Hope all this makes sense :)

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 03:23:09 pm »
Just further clarification on the second point, I think that the instruments being stored as unique entities inside projects is good as it means that you can modify the instrument without affecting the original, however I would not like to see these modified versions in the library unless I choose to save them there. That way it is possible to keep the amount of instruments to browse through down to something sensible. The other annoyance is that it also lists instrument slots which haven't been used for example if I only use Pads 1-8 in a project, 9-16 are also added to the instrument list.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines