March 28, 2024, 05:25:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Trying to set up Spark LE to control Prophet V controls problem  (Read 1873 times)

ConanB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Trying to set up Spark LE to control Prophet V controls problem
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:31:13 pm »
Hi there,
I am using the Arturia Prophet V and I am trying to get the Spark LE instrument parameters knobs to control Cutoff, Res and one other value. The problem is that the controls are very erratic. As I turn the cutoff the control on the Prophet V moves very erratically and keeps jumping back to zero.
I have tried going into the Spark Midi Centre to change the behaviour of the knobs but the Midi Centre will not allow me to store the knob behaviour as relative #1 #2 or #3, it keeps resetting it to Absolute. I don't even know if this will make any difference but I can't try it as the Midi Control Centre will not store that setting, it keeps changing it back to absolute.
Any advice would be appreciated. Loving Spark LE and the Prophet V.
Oh, and I am also running the Prophet V as a plugin in Ableton Live 9 and the behaviour is the same in there too. Thanks.

ConanB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Trying to set up Spark LE to control Prophet V controls problem
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 12:41:14 pm »
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I basically want to control some of the rotarys on the Prophet V plugin with the Instrument Parameter controls on Spark LE. Any advice on how I should set this up? I've got them mapped but they either move really erratically or hardly at all. Thanks.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Trying to set up Spark LE to control Prophet V controls problem
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:49:01 am »
You need to let the SparkLE in Absolute Mode.

Change also the Global Prameter and set knob acceleration on medium or fast.

Use the Unified Midi Control Center to do so.
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html#MCC

There is a known bug here. When you reach the min or the max value of your pot it doesn't stop there and jump back to min or max.

.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines