March 28, 2024, 09:49:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Vangelis Presets?  (Read 9182 times)

jderrick

Vangelis Presets?
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »
I recently discovered the CS-80V2 and am crazy about it but I was wondering if anyone could either instruct me on tweaking in the software to get the samples that Vangelis used for Blade Runner or Chariots of Fire.   I'd really appreciate any advice.  Thanks so much!

Cyril

Re: Vangelis Presets?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 10:55:35 am »
I am very interested too

vanheckis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Vangelis Presets?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 11:32:44 am »
I recently discovered the CS-80V2 and am crazy about it but I was wondering if anyone could either instruct me on tweaking in the software to get the samples that Vangelis used for Blade Runner or Chariots of Fire.   I'd really appreciate any advice.  Thanks so much!

For Chariots, on the real CS80 you simply choose presets (red) buttons Brass I and Brass II (that should be no.3 on channel 1 and no.3 on channel 2 on the Arturia) and tweak the resonance and brilliance slider to a faint sound. then use aftertouch to open up the filter. use a long sustain time (slider left from the keyboard) and use a good long delay + reverb (do not use chorus / delay from the CS80) - use the channel detune slider to widen the sound a bit.

For Blade runner it's sort of the same starting point although you probably need to use the (white) Flute button (should be no. 4 on channel 1 on the Arturia)

In all cases i say 'should' because the preset buttons do not really sound like a CS80. If they did, you would not even ask this question to begin with.

These Vangelis sounds are made within a matter of seconds on the real thing because a CS80 already sounds like Vangelis when you touch it. there is no hidden formula. It's all about using the correct expression while playing and using aftertouch to get the right envelope of the Vangelis sounds.

Get rid of any additional nonsense like modulation matrix settings or any other unwanted (non-authentic) effects. Start clean in simple mode.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:00:18 pm by vanheckis »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines