March 29, 2024, 01:38:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I import *long* samples?  (Read 4448 times)

dirkmitt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.dirkmittler.com/GallIndex.htm
How do I import *long* samples?
« on: December 22, 2006, 03:06:21 am »
One way I as hoping to use Storm 3.0 was to record sessions of vocalists or real instruments, and then to 'sweeten them up' with Storm. Thus, my Boss "BR-600" allows me to copy my Tracks directly onto my PC hard drive.

Yet with Storm 3.0 ,  I've run into the snag that EZ-Tracker will never Import samples more than 16 bars long.

Even if I disable the Time-Shift in the Sample Properties, the module's behaviour doesn't change.

How do I allow EZ-Tracker to import the sample at its full length? It's touted, after all, to be meant for "long samples." A 16-bar sample isn't a long sample.

Dirk

dirkmitt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.dirkmittler.com/GallIndex.htm
Doh! ...Silly me {:-)} I found the answer.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 03:47:53 am »
Now I feel really silly for having asked this question.

I had overlooked the fact that the manual strictly refers to the EZ-Track Module as being useful for the Recording of sound through the Sound Card (plus for some minor Editing.)

I just realized that I need to use the Scratch Table instead. About the Scratch Table, at first I also didn't know how to define the starting point of a song, until I read about using the Stop Button(s).

Now I know! :roll:
Dirk

P.S. (April 4, 2008):

I noticed some time after posting this, that in the EZ-Track module, before we drag a sample to it, along the top of the module's window there exist small, yellow arrows. And I found that this time, the single arrow pointing to the right was important, not the double-arrow, an I had missed its significance. This arrow usually marks the end of a sampling interval that by default only measures for 4 blocks of 4 measures each. But this yellow arrow can be dragged further to the right, making the available sampling interval longer, even until it's 6 blocks or 10 blocks long...

And after I did that, I was also able to import a long sample. Before that, the sample which was dragged into the shorter windows got chopped up until it was only 4 blocks long.

But now, how important was it for me, to update this post? I just wanted to help anybody who might also have overlooked those yellow arrow-buttons.

Dirk

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines