March 28, 2024, 08:51:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS-80V rules :)  (Read 3810 times)

Xenos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CS-80V rules :)
« on: January 30, 2007, 12:51:44 pm »
I pick up the CS-80V a few months back but haven't had time until recently to really dig into the dark corners of this synth's capabilities.  All I can say is just WOW!  This puppy is capable of more than what the supplied presets had me believe-- and there are some damn good ones in there lol.   That multi-mode was a very good idea..really takes the original concept and transcends it.  My CS-80V will be seeing a lot more use now that I realize I grossly underestimated it.  Thank you, Arturia, and a thumbs up to Osmosis as well for his suggestions, allowing for a more authentic sound (wish we had someone like him to hound arturia to improve their ARP2600 emulation as well).

omissis

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:21:01 am »
Thumbs up to you , Xenos and bump in from time to time into the official group : you can help us bringing new life to the V and I hope you'll give me a hand supporting the bug reports and the emulation's occasional issues  :wink:
Max

a CS-80Vist

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 01:19:12 pm »
I say if it works perfectly, it ain't analog.  The CS80's interface makes it easy to underrate it's use.

This is one of those "what kind of sound do you want?" synths.  It's a lot like the Mg in that respect.  Lay down the basic premise, knowing what you're after, then begin tweaking and experimenting.

Between the complex filter profiles achievable and the added multi mode and modulation matrix, this synth is the last thing I go to for leads and basses, and the first I go to for pads and atmospherics.

Once you have a foundation laid for the sound you're after, customizing it becomes most intuitive.  This synth has spoiled me. :)
[/I]

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines