March 28, 2024, 01:53:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia and logic 7 exp (and 7.2) midi-learn - doens'nt work  (Read 3944 times)

eraserhead

Arturia and logic 7 exp (and 7.2) midi-learn - doens'nt work
« on: March 29, 2007, 02:45:07 pm »
Hi guys, my first post here,

I have this problem with my midi-controller and Arturia miniMg/cs-80/modular...do I have to re-assign the assignments (sorry  ) everytime I re-open the project? Is it possible to set the assigments of my controller forever?

thank you :D

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:42:57 pm »
As far as I can tell, MIDI Learn or MIDI parameter control in general simply doesn't work in Logic Pro with Arturia software. Something really strange is going on. For instance, the controller values I have programmed for cutoff and resonance, that work perfectly in the standalone version of the prophet v, instead change the filter envelope decay and sustain values when I put the prophet into Logic. With the CS80v, the two PWM parameters for Osc II are active when I send my cutoff/resonance controllers, even though there's no controller assigned to either of these parameters and the controller active button is unchecked. Logic's MIDI monitor indicates that the correct controller numbers are being sent. If I use these same controllers with EXS24, they control the parameters they're supposed to. The problem seems to be on Arturia's end, but I'm not exactly sure what's happening.

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 07:53:36 am »
Oops. I was wrong. I just got Logic Studio and now MIDI parameter control works the way it's supposed to. So, I either had something set in Logic 7 that screwed up my controllers or whatever was wrong with Logic 7 is now fixed. In any case, it isn't Arturia's problem and I'm just glad to have it working the way it's supposed to!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines