March 29, 2024, 12:09:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Weird happenings with the modulation button  (Read 3929 times)

mee3d

• http://www.mee3d.com
Weird happenings with the modulation button
« on: April 03, 2007, 07:26:56 pm »
I have been playing with the Jupiter 8V for a few days now and I have to say that I am pretty impressed, I have been dialing up my favourite patches and the software does a good job making them sound as i remember (I sold my Hardware J8a last year...mug!).

But I have one point that bugs me a little and it's similar to the CS80V ribbon controller issue.

On the J8 the modulation is introduced by Rolands famous button, a further parameter allows you to control the rate at which the modulation is introduced so it gives the aural impression that the modulation is slowly being introduced to the sound.

Problem is that if you control this via a hardware MIDI controller keyboard that has a mod WHEEL, nothing happens until the wheel is at 50% of it's travel.. so effectively replication the button - off or on.

Personally I want the logic here to work like a modern synth where the modulation is introduced as you gradually turn up the wheel... what do people think?

I also found that if you keep your wheel up, after a while the virtual mod button dissengages so it's not possible to lock the modulation in indefinitely.

Lastly I also experienced some issues where I lowered my hardware modulation wheel to 0 but the modulation continued in the 8V.

Perhaps these are just issues with the demo?

Nice to see my interview with Howard Jones being used in the Jupiter 8V video demo ... however no one from Arturia asked whether they could use the material ... naughty, naughty!
Multimedia Designer & Developer | Film Maker

Gavin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Weird happenings with the modulation button
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:20:10 pm »
Hi mee3d,
The default preset has the mod wheel assigned to the big white button (as we call it here). This is the starting point for the sound designers so in most cases they don't reassign it if they don't use the mod wheel in the patch.
The mod wheel though is not fixed, you can unassign it from the button to any other assignable parameter in the synth (amount lfo to filter etc) in the usual ctrl-mouse down on knob/slider fashion.
Gavin.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines