April 20, 2024, 06:09:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jupiter-8V 1.0.3  (Read 12823 times)

The Martini Effect

• http://www.dj-martindavies.blogspot.com
Technical Issue
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 10:07:44 am »
I was bought the Jupiter 8V this Christmas as a present and find myself astonished at the bugs people have reported on this forum. I myself have got a similar problem as some have mentioned. When the application is being used in stand alone mode it sounds lovely and works fine. Yet when I load it as a VST in FruityLoops Studio7 and play a note there is an audiable static noise in the background. (Other users have raised this issue in the forum) I have raised the buffer size in the latency part of FruityLoops and this has not resolved the problem. I have also uploaded the update seen here called version 1.0.3. This has also not resolved the problem. I have sent a query to your technical department but fear no response after reading some of these forum comments. I hope this can be resolved as I wish to use the product bought for me as it was intended and sold to me by magazine reviews. I lookforward to a response. :(
Ears have Eyes.

Michelle My Belle

Jupiter-8V 1.0.3
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 11:19:46 am »
That's a very good point - about buying on the strength of magine reports.
How the magazines 'test' new hardware/software is very important. I'm guessing that most of the 'journo's' don't have the time to put e.g. a new piece of software through its paces in a 'real' world situation.
They probably just hook it up to their own little 'test bed' (read that as their own set of sub test tools) and check that the unit performs "as good as" or "better than" the last piece of kit thy tested...
How many magazine reporters actually bother to load up e.g. some cubase variation (doesn't have to be Cubase) and check a VSTi as just that, a VSTi running along other VSTi's in a song they've composed, that say 'drives' the hardware in a more 'real world' scenario.
A good example would be, Not the fastest dual core PC out there, running sequencer software, loaded with audio, midi tracks and 3 x VSTi's being driven by 3 x midi tracks.
Stand alone is fine, but most of us will want to use the harmonic content of software synths in our own creations (VSTi/RTAS etc) and it is here that we will want to know how they perform.
I love the sound of the Jupiter 8 V - in standalone (that's the only way I can run it :-(
If the magazines had bothered to correctly report this behaviour, I'm betting that the Arturia guys would've plugged this issue nice and early (or maybe even re-developed - if the architecture is to blame).
I guess ultimately, we should all buy on the strength of the demo alone.
Or maybe ask that Arturia allow some of us to Beta test 'all' their software - hmmmm, that would be nice  :D
Michelle My Belle

Antoine

Jupiter-8V 1.0.3
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 11:23:51 am »
Hi beloved synthesis addicts,

We advised that a Jupiter-8V is currently on work, though no release date yet.
Beta versions are expected after the final Prophet 1.2 update (currently beta3 is online). It comes slowly but surely!

Stay tuned...
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines